2019 Starboard 9’0″ x 30″ x 4.75″ Converse Surf Deluxe Double Chamber
Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their 2019 inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology.
Welding Technology: Heated and bonded for life. Glue is never forever. Mechanical bond = Strength and Durability. Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
Since the beginning inflatable boards have been glued together at the seam, so the boards only last as long as the glue. Over the last few years Starboard have worked with welding machine manufacturers to develop better machinery for seam welding. Then they helped train their selected OEM assembler to utilize this unique technology in Starboard’s exclusive production lines, resulting in a long lasting mechanical bond.
Double Chamber, safety first, ultra stiff
The secondary chamber offers up to 42 liters of safety floatation, with 14 liters even in the smallest boards, that require only 15PSI. Starboard pioneered Double Chamber technology in the 2013 Ocean Rescue inflatable paddle board. It is now revised, improved and gives the paddlers peace of mind while paddling.
The innovative secondary chamber doubles the sidewalls and acts like a rollable I-beam. Starting just behind the standing area and continuing forward, the chamber is placed in the most critical area for flex and reduces deflection by 20-40%. The feeling of paddling with the stiff double I-beam stringer is very similar to a hard board, providing an authentic paddling experience.
Fusion Technology: Top and bottom layers are fused in a single, glueless process. Lighter, stronger.
Stiffest Technology: The double chamber increases the hull’s stiffness immensely, the UD dropstitch and 3k Carbon fiber compression rail band adds further rigidity.
Cleanest Technology: The deck and bottom lamination process is free of glue and solvent using stricter rules in plasticizer. Packaging of the board is free of plastic.
Faster board inflation, with less effort: The benchmark V8 flow valve gets you to 15–18 PSI faster and with less effort.
- Deluxe Double Chamber technology: Safety first, ultra stiff.
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 3K Carbon Rail bands for extra stiffness and strength
- 6″ Dropstitch with uni-directional connecting yarns increasing longitudinal stiffness
- 8″ FCS II Connect tool-less center fin with glass side fins
- Recycled EVA deck pad has a 3mm crocodile skin diamond groove in the standing area. 4mm diamond groove crocodile recycled EVA deck pad on the tail
- EVA padded center carry handle
- Neoprene paddle holder and carry strap on the tail
- Integrated tow ring in the valve area and bottom of the nose
- Forward cargo area with bungee strap
Starboard Re-Cover Deluxe Bag
- The Re-Cover bags have a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from upcycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. About 30-150 bottles are used to make each bag
- Twin roller wheels for easy transport
- Ergonomically shaped hiking straps and back support, which can be packed away in the strap free system
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- The lightweight, durable and innovative choice for serious travellers
V8 Double Action Pump
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping cycle both in down and up actions
- With a switch, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI
- Allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves
- The ergonomically designed foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time
- Length: 9′
- Width: 30″
- Tail width: 18.5″
- Thickness: 4.75″
- Volume: 201 liters
- Weight: TBA lbs board only
- Max payload: 210 lbs/95 kg
- Fin: FCS II Connect 8″, 2 side glass fins
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover Deluxe SUP board Bag, FCS fin, V8 Double Action High Pressure Pump, carry strap and a small repair kit.
View the Starboard Inflatable SUP Manual.
View the Starboard V8 Double Action Pump Manual.