Starboard 12’6″ x 30″ x 6″ Touring Zen
For 2019, Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology. The welding technology carries over as a proven technology with industry leading quality and durability.
- The wider nose and squarer tail make the Touring boards more stable, specially for harsh conditions like side chop and moderate winds
- Zen model now comes with the Re-Cover Bag, rear cargo net, diamond cut rear tail pad
- Updated board graphics
- Updated bag graphics
Zen – Linear Drop Stitch
Starboard’s leanest, lightest and most budget friendly construction. Stripped down to the core essentials. Built with single layer linear drop stitch, double rail band and heat welded rails. The new tool-less fin system is quick and easy to set up.
More responsive, stiffer & lighter
- Linear alignment of space yarns, oriented only in warp direction (the direction of the board’s length), maximizing the stiffness and response.
- Linear dropstich also secures the board’s shape better over time compared to standard knitted dropstitch.
- Linear dropstich with single layer coating is the lightest offering in our collection.
Heated and bonded for life. Glue is never forever. Mechanical bond = Strength and Durability. Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
Since the beginning inflatable boards have been glued together at the seam, so the boards only last as long as the glue. Over the last few years Starboard have worked with welding machine manufacturers to develop better machinery for seam welding. Then they helped train their selected OEM assembler to utilize this unique technology in Starboard’s exclusive production lines, resulting in a long lasting mechanical bond.
Starboard Re-Cover Bag
Light, strong, inflatable SUP bag
- Made wider and shorter, so its easy and fast to pack, whilst preserving the shape of the Side Walls.
- Due to the EVA Side walls, the All Star must be folded instead of rolling.
- Bag is made from recycled plastic bottles. Approx. 30 bottles used to make 1 bag.
- The ultra-light Re-cover bag is designed to minimise weight yet maximise comfort and strength, resulting in the very best backpack carrying experience.
- Utilizing “Rip Stop” technology to further strengthen the solid 450D materials, we have an amazingly strong and light combo.
- Thanks to our partner “Waste2Wear” for making this breakthrough possible with upcycled plastic bottles, showcasing futuristic thinking.
- New spacious inside pockets for accessories.
- The Re-Cover bags have a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from upcycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. About 30-150 bottles are used to make each bag
- Square shape bag to accomodate new standing tray and efficient roll up/fold up
- Twin roller wheels for easy transport
- Padded cover
- Ergonomically shaped hiking straps and back support, which can be packed away in the strap free system
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- 34 x 20 x 12 inches
V8 Double Action Pump
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping cycle both in down and up actions
- With a switch, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI
- Allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves
- The ergonomically designed foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time
The innovative Rail Edge helps the water release off the board’s tail for optimal glide and speed. The Rail Edge is still easily folded and rolled when deflating.
The exclusive and innovative lightweight Starboard SUP leash will be your best paddling partner in flat water and touring conditions. Soft cushioning means it will compress and flatten when stood on. Compact in design and at only 70g, it is strong, comfortable and effortless to wear. The leash cuff is made from Yulex, a natural rubber with 80% less carbon footprint than normal neoprene. Leash is NOT suited to waves or white water.
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 6″ (150mm) dropstitch for a good balance between volume and stiffness
- US Box tool less center fin
- Rail Edge for improved water release off the tail
- Recycled 2mm crocodile skin EVA deck pads all the way to the rail of the board. 4mm diamond groove crocodile recycled EVA deck pad on the tail
- Center carry handle
- Carry handle on the tail
- Integrated tow ring in the valve area and bottom of the nose
- Forward and rear cargo areas with bungee straps
- Lightweight ankle cuff leash
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 30″
- Tail width: 19.3″
- Thickness: 6″
- Volume: 355 liters
- Weight: 20.5 lbs board only
- Max payload: 240 lbs/110 kg
- Fin: Zen fin
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Zen SUP Carry Bag, fin, V8 Double Action High Pressure Pump and a small repair kit.
View the Starboard Inflatable Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Maintenance Guide.