2022/23 Starboard 12’6″ x 27″ x 6″ All Star Airline – Faster than most hard boards
It’s all about combining Starboard’s best technologies to offer an inflatable paddle board with the feel and speed of a hard board. Starting with their super stiff and extra light woven fusion technology, then adding a free-flowing aramid cable locking the board in shape when inflated. Introducing a standing tray to be able to use the side parts of the rails, keeping full balance when paddling hard. The release edge, nose cone, streamlined hull shape and race handles are included for your flying start. All commercial airlines welcome a Starboard Airline in their luggage program, welcome on board!
For 2019, Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology. The welding technology carries over as a proven technology with industry leading quality and durability.
- Updated composite board inspired outline, inflatable convenience
- Carbon bottom stringer for extra stiffness and reflex sensation
- Narrower tail for easier and faster buoy turning
- Updated bag graphics
Starboard’s most significant breakthrough in tuning rocker lines and deflection. This efficient, lightweight technology could change the future of inflatable performance boards.
The free-flowing aramid cable locks the board in shape when inflated, creating a solid trustworthy hull sensation.
The patented Airline Technology utilizes a pre-set free-floating cable. It is attached to the nose, goes under the bottom and ends at the fin box. The preset cable is slightly shorter than the board so when the board inflates, the cable comes under tension and stiffens the board significantly. We measured 1.8 cm less hull deflection in testing and 2016 World Champion Connor Baxter swears by it. For more on setting up and tuning your Airline board click here. The cable is attached to one of 4 hooks, which alters the cable tension and ultimately stiffness.
Fusion Woven Drop Stitch – Deluxe Single Chamber (DSC)
In development for 5 years, Starboard’s new Woven Drop Stitch technology process starts with a glue free PVC lamination on the top and bottom of the board. Inside the board they have their new weave on the top and base. This weave provides a structure for the polyester yarns – which gives the board its shape. The weave has less give than the traditional knitting method. Knitted fibres have soft and stretchy properties, whereas this new weaving is superior in stiffness, reflex and rigidity. Think dress shirt vs a polo shirt.
But it’s not just about adding on – they’ve also taken away, cutting weight by 3.3 lbs on average. The yarn threads are reduced per square inch for better reflex. Less plastic and a lighter paddle board. Less weight, faster acceleration, easier to carry. With Starboard’s new Woven Technology their paddle boards are not only lighter, but stronger and stiffer. Better in every way.
Extra stiff, strong and light. Feel it!
- Woven fabrics reduce stretch, hold more tension and create a stiffer board.
- The woven fabrics use less material than conventional drop stitch, creating a lighter board.
- Fusion lamination of top and bottom layers is done in a glueless process, increasing stiffness and creating a solid board, while reducing weight.
- What does it mean for you? A stiffer and lighter, durable board, with a reflex sensation you can feel.
- Galvanized 2000 D rails increase the strength of the board, together with the 3K compression bands.
- Welding technology turns 2 pieces of material into a single solid unit, resulting in an extra-strong mechanical bond.
- A mechanical bond is stronger, lasts longer and is better for the environment.
- Welding creates a complete airtight seam without the risk of glue weakening over time.
The deck and bottom lamination process is free of glue and solvent using stricter rules in plasticizer. Packaging of the board is free of plastic.
Heated and bonded for life. Glue is never forever. Mechanical bond = Strength and Durability. Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
Since the beginning inflatable boards have been glued together at the seam, so the boards only last as long as the glue. Over the last few years Starboard have worked with welding machine manufacturers to develop better machinery for seam welding. Then they helped train their selected OEM assembler to utilize this unique technology in Starboard’s exclusive production lines, resulting in a long lasting mechanical bond.
EVA Standing Tray
The EVA Standing Tray helps to hold a wider stance for extra stability and helps recover balance with the high EVA sides to push against. The high sides provide more control to lean on the rail to steer the board from the midpoint. Creates a dug out style standing area which makes it more versatile to paddle in choppy water. The sides are made from EVA foam so they are lightweight, soft to stand against and flexible when packing.
Starboard Re-Cover Airline Bag
Light, strong, Airline specific large bag shape
- Made wider and shorter, so its easy and fast to pack, whilst preserving the shape of the Side Walls.
- Due to the EVA Side walls, the All Star must be folded instead of rolling.
- Bag is made from recycled plastic bottles. Approx. 30 bottles used to make 1 bag.
- The ultra-light Re-cover bag is designed to minimise weight yet maximise comfort and strength, resulting in the very best backpack carrying experience.
- Utilizing “Rip Stop” technology to further strengthen the solid 450D materials, we have an amazingly strong and light combo.
- Thanks to our partner “Waste2Wear” for making this breakthrough possible with upcycled plastic bottles, showcasing futuristic thinking.
- New spacious inside pockets for accessories.
- The Re-Cover bags have a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from upcycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. About 30-150 bottles are used to make each bag
- Square shape bag to accomodate new standing tray and efficient roll up/fold up
- Twin roller wheels for easy transport
- Padded cover
- Ergonomically shaped hiking straps and back support, which can be packed away in the strap free system
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- 34 x 26 x 12 inches
Starboard Tiki Pump
Fast, easy and comfortable
- The hose is attached to the pump’s body, so no flapping around when pumping the board up. And so is the pressure gauge, for an easy read of the pressure in the board.
- 10% more efficient thanks to the redesigned handle, base, piston and outside tube for the air outlet.
- By placing the airflow cylinder outside of the chamber, there is space for a more efficient flow inside the pump.
- Double and single action pumping modes and wider removable foot base that increases stability when pumping.
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping, both in down and up actions. With the flip of a switch at about 7PSI, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI
- Redesign allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves
- Precise angled handle and palm grip for comfortable and easier pumping. The handles are wide and shaped perfectly to fit the palm, then rotated into the best angle for a sustained pumping action
- The ergonomically designed extra wide detachable foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time, yet packs down efficiently with the detachable base
- The base and the handles are produced with upcycled fishing nets taken out of the Indian ocean.
Other Starboard Features
The innovative Rail Edge helps the water release off the board’s tail for optimal glide and speed. The Rail Edge is still easily folded and rolled when deflating.
The exclusive and innovative lightweight Starboard SUP leash will be your best paddling partner in flat water and touring conditions. Soft cushioning means it will compress and flatten when stood on. Compact in design and at only 70g, it is strong, comfortable and effortless to wear. The leash cuff is made from Yulex, a natural rubber with 80% less carbon footprint than normal neoprene. Leash is NOT suited to waves or white water.
- Airline Technology – Faster than most hard boards
- Cutting edge EVA standing tray with high sides is another innovation securing stability, control and comfort
- Deluxe single chamber fusion construction
- 6″ Woven Drop Stitch – reduced stretch, higher tension yarn for stiffer board
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 3K Carbon Rail bands for extra stiffness and strength
- Twin stringers on the deck for increased stiffness
- Single stringer on the underside of the board doubles as Airline cable sleeve for smooth and fast finish
- Race 23 upcycled fin – delivers straight tracking
- Rail Edge for improved water release off the tail
- High grade EVA deck pad has a 3mm crocodile skin thick square groove in the standing area. 4mm diamond groove crocodile EVA deck pad on the tail
- EVA carry handles
- Cargo area with bungee cord
- FCS insert on deck to attach accessories from GoPro to a phone holder. STAR Mount is supplied with board to attach accessories
- Neoprene paddle holder and carry strap on the tail
- Integrated d-ring in the valve area on the tail
- Lightweight ankle cuff leash
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 27″
- Tail width: 16.4″
- Thickness: 6″
- Volume: 307 liters
- Weight: 21.8 lbs board only
- Max payload: 200 lbs/90 kg
- Fin: Race 23
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover Airline SUP board bag, Starboard Race 23 fin, Starboard Tiki Pump, lightweight Starboard leash and a small repair kit.
View the Starboard All Star Airline Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Maintenance Guide.