2019 Starboard 12’6″ x 30″ Touring Zen SUP Windsurfer – paddle boarding and windsuping in one
Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their 2019 inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology.
Welding Technology: Heated and bonded for life. Glue is never forever. Mechanical bond = Strength and Durability. Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
Since the beginning inflatable boards have been glued together at the seam, so the boards only last as long as the glue. Over the last few years Starboard have worked with welding machine manufacturers to develop better machinery for seam welding. Then they helped train their selected OEM assembler to utilize this unique technology in Starboard’s exclusive production lines, resulting in a long lasting mechanical bond.
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- Narrower width is faster to paddle and easier to track in a straight line. The new parallel outline recovers stability lost from the standing area and delivers a more balanced glide.
- Wider tail outline makes it much easier to turn
Zen, a solid winner in welded technology
2000D galvanized compression stringer from nose to tail on the deck and bottom, for the controlling shape and giving the board greater stiffness.
Stiff and hard standing area plates on the standing area provide more rigid feel under your feet and more responsiveness when paddling. This stiff and hard standing area plate makes Zen a solid winner at a lightweight.
Clean Technology: The lamination process uses minimal glue and solvent and packing of the board is free of plastic.
Faster board inflation, with less effort: The benchmark V8 flow valve gets you to 15–18 PSI faster and with less effort.
Starboard SUP Windsurfer Inflatables are compact, light and strong. You can go paddle boarding, learn windsurfing and get planing with foot straps. They are great to teach kids to windsurf and they roll up into a bag when you’re done.
The 2019 Starboard WindSUP Inflatables feature their 3D Rail Edge technology, a proprietary 3D elastomer compound that follows the contours of the board and creates a release edge that allows the boards to fully plane yet fold and roll up. Thanks to this 3D Rail Edge, you can accelerate and enjoy the most exciting planing sensation possible on an inflatable board.
Continued for 2019 is Starboard’s removable center fin box system. The center fin aids stability and upwind windsurfing when installed for windsurfing. Then simply remove the fin and fin box for increased paddling and advanced windsurfing performance, drag reduction and higher efficiency.
The foot strap inserts with placement options will foster advanced windsurfing learning & progression. Four easy to install foot straps are included.
The mushroom mast box is strong and secure along with increased deck plate for better load distribution on deck of the board. We insert it from underneath the board to make it extra safe and strong. The more the sail tries to pull the insert out, the more it stays in place. A new deck plate distributes the top load over a large area for added stiffness.
Paddle holder: Holds your paddle at the tail of the board for when you want to play, relax or perform yoga and fitness exercises without your paddle interfering or floating away. Can be used to carry the board as an extra handle. Removable velcro strap makes it quick and convenient to store your paddle.
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 6″ (150mm) dropstitch for a good balance between volume and stiffness
- Twin 2000 Denier center stringer on deck and underside for added stiffness and rigidity
- 2000 Denier sandwiched rail stiffening strips
- Reinforcement plates in the standing areas
- Mast box “Mushroom” insert with a new deck plate distributes the top load over a large area for added stiffness. The Brass T-Nut may be required for your rig
- 3D Rail Edge for better water release
- Removable Center Fin Box = improved paddling and advanced windsurfing performance.
- Two Drake 22 shallow water fins for great tracking and grip when sailing
- Recycled 2mm crocodile skin EVA deck pads all the way to the rail of the board. 4mm diamond groove crocodile recycled EVA deck pad on the tail
- Footstrap inserts (7mm thick) with multiple placement options
- 4 foot straps are included- easy to install and adjustable
- Neoprene paddle holder and carry strap on the tail
- EVA padded center carry handle
- Nose and tail d-rings
- Recommended sail range 4.5m – 7.5m
Starboard Re-Cover Bag
- The Re-Cover bags have a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from upcycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. About 30-150 bottles are used to make each bag
- Ergonomically shaped hiking straps and back support, which can be packed away in the strap free system
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- The lightweight, durable and innovative choice for serious travellers
V8 Double Action Pump
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping cycle both in down and up actions.
- With a switch, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI.
- Allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves.
- The ergonomically designed foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time.
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 30″
- Tail width: 19.2″
- Thickness: 6″
- Volume: 351 liters
- Weight: 25 lbs board only
- Max payload: 240 lbs/110 kg
- Fins: 2 Drake 22 fins
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover Bag SUP Carry Bag, V8 Double Action High Pressure Pump, fins, foot straps, mushroom mast box and a small repair kit. Please note: the windsurf sail/rig and associated accessories are sold separately.
View the Starboard Inflatable SUP Manual.
View the Starboard V8 Double Action Pump Manual.