2018 Starboard 11’2″ Blend Zen WindSUP, paddle boarding and windsuping in one.
Our lightest board construction, ZEN, is now stiffer and comes with reinforcement plates in the standing area. The fixed fins make the board tool-less and easy to prepare for on water action.
By carefully nesting the reinforcements Starboard offer the lightest board they have ever produced. The large soft thruster-fin set up is a proven and durable tracking solution.
A very light board: Re-engineered Zen technology: more fibres, less coating and optimized glue usage. On the water you will sense the acceleration and fun feel of a light hull.
A great sensation while paddling: The triple-sandwich rail laminate acts as dual stringer stiffeners and also make the rails incredibly strong. We replace double PVC layers with twin 2000 denier deck and bottom stringers, providing the board that rigid, crisp and stiff feel.
Clean Technology: The lamination process uses minimal glue and solvent and packing of the board is free of plastic.
Faster board inflation, with less effort: The benchmark V8 flow valve gets you to 15–18 PSI faster and with less effort.
Starboard WindSUP Inflatables are compact, light and strong. You can go paddle boarding, learn windsurfing and get planing with foot straps. They are great to teach kids to windsurf and they roll up into a bag when you’re done.
The 2018 Starboard WindSUP Inflatables feature their 3D Rail Edge technology, a proprietary 3D elastomer compound that follows the contours of the board and creates a release edge that allows the boards to fully plane yet fold and roll up. Thanks to this 3D Rail Edge, you can accelerate and enjoy the most exciting planing sensation possible on an inflatable board.
New for 2018 is the new removable center fin box system. The center fin aids stability and upwind windsurfing when installed for windsurfing. Then simply remove the fin and fin box for increased paddling and advanced windsurfing performance, drag reduction and higher efficiency.
The foot strap inserts with placement options will foster advanced windsurfing learning & progression. Four easy to install foot straps are included.
The “mushroom mast box” is strong and secure along with increased deck plate for better load distribution on deck of the board. We insert it from underneath the board to make it extra safe and strong. The more the sail tries to pull the insert out, the more it stays in place. A new deck plate distributes the top load over a large area for added stiffness.
- 6″ (150mm) dropstitch for a good balance between volume and stiffness.
- Twin 2000 Denier center stringer on deck and underside for added stiffness and rigidity.
- 2000 Denier sandwiched rail stiffening strip.
- Reinforcement plates in the standing areas.
- Mast box “Mushroom” insert with a new deck plate distributes the top load over a large area for added stiffness.
- 3D Rail Edge for better water release
- Removable Center Fin Box = improved paddling and advanced windsurfing performance.
- Two Drake 22 shallow water fins for great tracking and grip when sailing
- Wide, light weight, 2mm crocodile skin EVA deck pads all the way to the rail of the board. 4mm diamond groove crocodile EVA deck pad on the tail.
- Footstrap inserts (7mm thick) with multiple placement options
- 4 foot straps are included- easy to install and adjustable
- Neoprene paddle holder and carry strap on the tail.
- Quality padded central neoprene carry handle.
- Nose and tail d-rings.
- Recommended sail range 3.0m – 7.0m.
Starboard Re-Cover Zen Bag
- Twin roller wheels for easy transport
- Padded cover
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- The lightweight, durable and innovative choice for serious travellers
V8 Double Action Pump
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping cycle both in down and up actions.
- With a switch, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI.
- Allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves.
- The ergonomically designed foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time.
- Length: 11’2″
- Width: 32″
- Tail width: 18.1″
- Thickness: 6″
- Volume: 330 liters
- Weight: 28 lbs board only
- Max payload: 220 lbs/100 kg
- Fins: 2 Drake 22 fins
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover Zen inflatable SUP board bag, V8 Double Action High Pressure Pump, fins, foot straps, mast box and a small repair kit. Please note: the windsurf sail/rig is sold separately.
View the Starboard Inflatable SUP Manual (1MB).