2022 Starboard 10’8″ x 33″ x 6″ iGO Deluxe SUP Windsurfer – paddle boarding and windsuping in one
Starboard SUP Windsurfer Inflatables are compact, light and strong. You can go paddle boarding, learn windsurfing and get planing with foot straps. They are great to teach kids to windsurf and they roll up into a bag when you’re done.
The 2022 Starboard WindSUP Inflatables feature their 3D Rail Edge technology, a proprietary 3D elastomer compound that follows the contours of the board and creates a release edge that allows the boards to fully plane yet fold and roll up. Thanks to this 3D Rail Edge, you can accelerate and enjoy the most exciting planing sensation possible on an inflatable board.
Continued for 2022 is Starboard’s removable center fin box system. The center fin aids stability and upwind windsurfing when installed for windsurfing. Then simply remove the fin and fin box for increased paddling and advanced windsurfing performance, drag reduction and higher efficiency.
The foot strap inserts with placement options will foster advanced windsurfing learning & progression. Four easy to install foot straps are included.
For 2019, Starboard injected 25 years of board building innovation into their inflatable board program. Their main focus was to build their boards stiffer, lighter, more stable, safer and way more durable. One feature, one of many unique to Starboard, is their Welding Technology. The welding technology carries over as a proven technology with industry leading quality and durability.
What’s new for 2022?
- Updated board graphics
Fusion Woven Drop Stitch – Deluxe Single Chamber (DSC)
In development for 5 years, Starboard’s new Woven Drop Stitch technology process starts with a glue free PVC lamination on the top and bottom of the board. Inside the board they have their new weave on the top and base. This weave provides a structure for the polyester yarns – which gives the board its shape. The weave has less give than the traditional knitting method. Knitted fibres have soft and stretchy properties, whereas this new weaving is superior in stiffness, reflex and rigidity. Think dress shirt vs a polo shirt.
But it’s not just about adding on – they’ve also taken away, cutting weight by 3.3 lbs on average. The yarn threads are reduced per square inch for better reflex. Less plastic and a lighter paddle board. Less weight, faster acceleration, easier to carry. With Starboard’s new Woven Technology their paddle boards are not only lighter, but stronger and stiffer. Better in every way.
Extra stiff, strong and light. Feel it!
- Woven fabrics reduce stretch, hold more tension and create a stiffer board.
- The woven fabrics use less material than conventional drop stitch, creating a lighter board.
- Fusion lamination of top and bottom layers is done in a glueless process, increasing stiffness and creating a solid board, while reducing weight.
- What does it mean for you? A stiffer and lighter, durable board, with a reflex sensation you can feel.
- Galvanized 2000 D rails increase the strength of the board, together with the 3K compression bands.
- Welding technology turns 2 pieces of material into a single solid unit, resulting in an extra-strong mechanical bond.
- A mechanical bond is stronger, lasts longer and is better for the environment.
- Welding creates a complete airtight seam without the risk of glue weakening over time.
The deck and bottom lamination process is free of glue and solvent using stricter rules in plasticizer. Packaging of the board is free of plastic.
Heated and bonded for life. Glue is never forever. Mechanical bond = Strength and Durability. Starboard’s new welding technique turns two into one – using heat to bond two separate pieces of PVC into a single solid unit. Heat-welded PVC creates a mechanical bond that’s stronger, lasts longer – and is better for the environment.
Since the beginning inflatable boards have been glued together at the seam, so the boards only last as long as the glue. Over the last few years Starboard have worked with welding machine manufacturers to develop better machinery for seam welding. Then they helped train their selected OEM assembler to utilize this unique technology in Starboard’s exclusive production lines, resulting in a long lasting mechanical bond.
Starboard Re-Cover Bag
Light, strong, inflatable SUP bag
- Made wider and shorter, so its easy and fast to pack, whilst preserving the shape of the Side Walls.
- Due to the EVA Side walls, the All Star must be folded instead of rolling.
- Bag is made from recycled plastic bottles. Approx. 30 bottles used to make 1 bag.
- The ultra-light Re-cover bag is designed to minimise weight yet maximise comfort and strength, resulting in the very best backpack carrying experience.
- Utilizing “Rip Stop” technology to further strengthen the solid 450D materials, we have an amazingly strong and light combo.
- Thanks to our partner “Waste2Wear” for making this breakthrough possible with upcycled plastic bottles, showcasing futuristic thinking.
- New spacious inside pockets for accessories.
- The Re-Cover bags have a RPET 450D outer fabric layer made from upcycled plastic bottles, in partnership with Waste2Wear. About 30-150 bottles are used to make each bag
- Square shape bag to accomodate new standing tray and efficient roll up/fold up
- Twin roller wheels for easy transport
- Padded cover
- Ergonomically shaped hiking straps and back support, which can be packed away in the strap free system
- Inside and outside compressions straps
- Reinforced diamond PVC for increased durability around the base
- Name tag window
- Strong, non corrosive zipper
- 34 x 20 x 12 inches
Starboard Tiki Pump
Fast, easy and comfortable
- The hose is attached to the pump’s body, so no flapping around when pumping the board up. And so is the pressure gauge, for an easy read of the pressure in the board.
- 10% more efficient thanks to the redesigned handle, base, piston and outside tube for the air outlet.
- By placing the airflow cylinder outside of the chamber, there is space for a more efficient flow inside the pump.
- Double and single action pumping modes and wider removable foot base that increases stability when pumping.
- Inflate your board with faster and easier continuous pumping, both in down and up actions. With the flip of a switch at about 7PSI, the double action pump can convert to single action for easy inflation up to 18PSI
- Redesign allows effortless inflation due to the increased diameter of the intake and exhaust valves
- Precise angled handle and palm grip for comfortable and easier pumping. The handles are wide and shaped perfectly to fit the palm, then rotated into the best angle for a sustained pumping action
- The ergonomically designed extra wide detachable foot pad creates a stable, comfortable platform for sustained effort in getting your board up to 18PSI, in the shortest amount of time, yet packs down efficiently with the detachable base
- The base and the handles are produced with upcycled fishing nets taken out of the Indian ocean.
- Deluxe Single Chamber technology
- Welding Technology. Mechanical bond = strength and durability
- 6″ Woven Drop Stitch – reduced stretch, higher tension yarn for stiffer board
- Removable Center Fin Box = improved paddling and advanced windsurfing performance.
- Two Drake 220 shallow water fins for great tracking and grip when sailing
- 3D Rail Edge for improved water release off the tail
- Recycled 2mm crocodile skin EVA deck pads all the way to the rail of the board. 4mm diamond groove crocodile recycled EVA deck pad on the tail
- Footstrap inserts (7mm thick) with multiple placement options
- 4 foot straps are included- easy to install and adjustable
- EVA padded center carry handle
- Carry handle on the tail
- Integrated tow ring in the valve area and bottom of the nose
- Recommended sail range 2.5m – 7.5m
- Length: 10’8″
- Width: 33″
- Tail width: 20.1″
- Thickness: 6″
- Volume: 331 liters
- Weight: 24.2 lbs board only
- Max payload: 265 lbs/120 kg
- Fins: 2x Drake Shallow 220
- Warranty: 2 years
What’s in the box? This board comes with Starboard’s Re-Cover Bag SUP Carry Bag, Starboard Tiki Pump, fins, foot straps, mast track and a small repair kit. Please note: the windsurf sail/rig and associated accessories are sold separately.
View the Starboard Inflatable SUP Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Manual.
View the Starboard Inflatable Maintenance Guide.