Starboard focused on reduced arm pressure and extra comfort when riding for long periods of time. Every size has been precisely designed to achieve maximum control and performance. Optimal for wing beginners to down-the-line foiling wave riders. High-visibility windows allows safety in crowds – the more you see, the safer you’ll be! Smart localized strut reinforcements for added durability and minimum wing weight.
- Great stability and control for all kind of users.
- The inward angled wing tips on the 5,6 and 7m2 sizes to keep the tips out of the water when starting or overpowered.
- Lightweight and easy to uphaul.
- Very powerful, with arm pressure minimized due to easy de-power.
- Extended windows for a much larger field of vision.
- Harness lines reduce fatigue in the arms, allowing you to ride for longer periods.
- Included leash with cuff system, allowing one handed strap in.
- Angled handles for convenience getting started and to perform jibes and maneuvers.
- Thicker, softer, wide handles for micro-trimming at speed.
NEW THICKER, SOFTER, WIDE SPANNING HANDLES
For micro trimming at speed.
NEW KEVLAR REINFORCEMENT
IN THE MOST CRITICAL AREA
The Kevlar, found in a bulletproof vest, is put in the most critical area to protect the FreeWing from wearing while minimizing weight.
NEW ANGLED HANDLES
Angled handles for convenience getting started and to perform jibes and maneuvers.
NEW LEASH CUFF SYSTEM
The included leash has a cuff system that allows you to strap in with only one hand.
NEW STRUT REINFORCEMENT
Smart localized strut reinforcements for added durability and minimum wing weight.
NEW HARNESS LINE ATTACHMENT POINTS
The harness lines reduce fatigue in the arms, allowing you to ride for longer periods.
NEW CENTRAL STRUT AIR VALVE
ON LARGER SIZE 5, 6, AND 7
For you to deflate the larger wings faster and easier.
NEW EASY DE-POWER
Very powerful, with arm pressure minimized due to easy de-power.
NEW HOSE CLAMP
ANOTHER INNOVATION FOR YOUR SAFETY
The hose clamp is used to isolate the air pressure in the central strut and leading edge. In the event of leaking bladder, the clamp ensures that some air remains in the wing.
OPEN THE HOSE CLAMP WHEN INFLATING / DEFLATING:
To open the hose clamp, push on the lever to allow the clamp to open.
CLOSE THE HOSE CLAMP DURING WING SESSION:
To close the hose clamp, squeeze the clamp together while feeling the teeth ratchet until clamp feels tight.
Starboard FreeWing Air Manual (PDF 4MB)
- Size: 2m2
- Aspect Ratio: 2.37
- Wind Range: 28-50+ knots
- Recommended Inflation Pressure: 7 PSI