What’s new for 2017?
- As with all 2017 Red Paddle Co inflatable paddle boards, the 9’8″ Ride features the improved MSL fusion composite and airtight coating construction process for a lighter and stiffer board
- Nose mounted Ram Mount for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip diamond cut EVA deck pad towards the tail
- RSS Battens now feature special cord and velcro tab to hold them in place
- Foil lined bag to protect board from extreme temperatures
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) system works so well on a board of this length to give unrivalled stiffness. The RSS is designed to increase rigidity by 30-50%. It works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. While some inflatable boards flex in the water, Red Paddle Co’s 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to paddle with confidence.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Three tracking iFins for the best mix of directional stability and control
- Tail mounted d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose d-ring and Ram Mount for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “crocodile skin” and diamond cut textures
- Tail stomp pad for control in the surf
- Front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 9’8″
- Width: 31″
- Thickness: 100mm, 3.93 inches
- Volume: 196 liters
- Weight: 19 lbs board only, 28 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 180 lbs/82 kg for all-round and up to 210 lbs/95 kg for surfing
- Warranty: 1 year
What’s in the box? The Nine Eight Ride comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co Inflation and User Manual (0.9MB).