2019 Red Paddle Co 9’6″ Compact
All-new technology. The Future of paddle boarding… Using PACTTM Technology, the Compact is the most user-friendly and accessible SUP around. The shape of the Compact 9’6″ is based on the award-winning Ride 10’6″. The dimensions come in at 32” wide and 4.7” thick, which makes it a really stable yet manoeuvrable board. Weighing in at approximately 14Kg for the full package, you can easily fold, roll and go on your next SUP adventure.
Following Red Paddle Co’s ongoing commitment to innovation, a new weaving process creates an extra-high-tensile thread matrix at the core of the board that combines with a super-strong but malleable outer layer and a tensile quad stringer-system.
The result is a board that always keeps its shape when inflated, but packs down to an ultra-small size once you’ve let out the air.
PACT™ technology features a completely new durable material with a high resolution thread matrix but is malleable to ensure easy packing.
The board wraps around itself and the Titan pump.
The split deckpad and offset valve creates a ‘living hinge’, allowing the board to fold easily down the middle.
The Compact backpack is highly engineered to offer unique levels of adjustability and comfort, plus incredible shoulder and back support. We think it’s the most highly engineered SUP bag on the planet, and as it applies approximately 53% less downforce on the carrier’s lower back, you can travel for longer in comfort. With customisable lumbar support and adjustable height features, it’s suitable for almost any size of paddler. And it doesn’t stop there:
- Tubular closed cell padding on the handles
- Concentrated shoulder padding
- Brushed cotton shoulder and back cushioning
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- All these combine to make it a pleasure to carry, whether you’re on a short walk to the water or off on an epic adventure.
- Dimensions: Height: 22″ (560mm), Width: 16.5″ (420mm), Depth: 11″ (280mm)
Creating a compact paddle was not an easy task, but we have found the perfect solution: a five piece paddle.
As a result, it packs away perfectly, but it is still adjustable with no compromise on the water.
Made of high-modulus carbon for extra rigidity, with a durable pure nylon blade.
The Nylon blade of the paddle is laser etched, with no printing, chemicals or transfers and produced with a single pure material. Meaning the design will stay on forever, resulting in no aesthetic implications.
Our new anti-twist adjustment system with 45 degree cut push-pin technology has resulted in our most compact paddle yet.
The paddle packs away perfectly into the bag, but it’s still adjustable and there’s no compromise in its performance when out on the water. And another plus, due to the design of the five-piece paddle, individual sections can be removed creating a paddle that’s suitable for smaller riders – a package for all the family. The paddle weighs 1.8lbs and in regular form can be adjusted from 71″ to 83″ (180-210cm) with shaft lengths of about 17″ to 20″. Removing the individual sections creates a paddle suitable for smaller paddlers 53″ to 65″ (135-165cm) – great for families.
Even the fins have been redesigned and are only available with the new 9’6”Compact.
They use a simple click fin system with a secondary screw for added security. The two off set fin boxes themselves are also compatible with standard FCS fins, so you can customise the feel of your board on the water.
The Titan Pump
Still the best pump on the market? Of course it is.
That’s why we had to make room for it in the new compact bag, It completes the package perfectly. The Titan Pump is so efficient and well designed that you will be on the water in no time.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily
- MSL PACTTM fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, matrix thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co All Terrain Backpack
- Bungee deck lacing with 6 d-rings
- Two removable fins with retaining system
- Rear d-ring for leash
- Super traction, split non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Off-center carrying handle
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 9’6″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 222 liters
- Weight: 16.5 lbs board only, 28.5 lbs with backpack, pump, paddle, fins and leash
- Component weights: Backpack – 4 lbs; Paddle – 1.8 lbs; Titan pump – 5.1 lbs; Fins and leash -1.35 lbs
- Max payload: 210 lbs/95 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 2 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The Nine Six comes complete with an awesome backpack, 5 piece carbon paddle, leash, a repair kit, fins and the Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co 9’6″ x 32″ Compact User Guide (PDF)