What’s new for 2015?
- Front loading backpack luggage system with padded shoulder and waist straps, side grab handles and internal load straps – comfortable to carry. Integrated wheels to make travelling through airports a pleasure. Updated with anti-snag zippers. Stitched with bonded nylon sailmaking thread for extreme durability.
- Updated look and color scheme for 2015.
The 2015 Surf Star is without doubt the best surfing inflatable stand up paddle board Red Paddle Co have ever produced. It is also the stiffest inflatable board you will find.
With the wide point further forward, the board performs well in smaller surf and the narrow tail holds the board in steeper sections and allows for faster direction changes on the wave face. This board is amazingly stiff. The RSS system works so well on a board of this length to give unrivalled stiffness.
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) is designed to increase rigidity by 30-50%. It works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. While some inflatable boards flex in the water, Red Paddle Co’s 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to paddle with confidence.
A board this size also works well for kids – a surf shredder and fun for the kids at same time. 2 boards for the price of 1.
View the 2015 9’2″ Surf Star infographic.
- Three tracking iFins for the best mix of directional stability and control
- PVC board material with high-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Rear D-ring for leash
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad – now thicker than ever
- Tail stomp pad for control in the surf
- Front cargo net for carrying gear
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Central logo stiffening strip
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Red Paddle Co HP Ezee hand pump with pressure gauge
- Length: 9’2”
- Width: 30”
- Thickness: 100mm, 3.93 inches
- Volume: 160 liters
- Weight: 21 lbs for the board, 29 lbs in the pack with pump
- Max payload: 200 lbs/90 kgs
What’s in the box? The Nine Two comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co HP Ezee pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co Inflation and User Manual (0.9MB).