2018 Red Paddle Co 14′ x 25″ Elite
Colin Chapman of Lotus Sports Cars was known for his saying “To go faster, just add lightness” and hence weight is saved by having deck grip in only the most essential areas on the Elite Race. The rocker line is designed to give fast glide and ride. The single nose fin helps tracking. The centre fin gives just the right amount of grip without adding drag.
Away races are now a reality. Just pack up and attend any race anywhere in the world – no hassles. Whilst other inflatable race paddle boards have to race against their own breed in one design classes, the Red Paddle Co Elite Race is competitive against existing hard board designs. You really need to paddle this board to experience just quite how good/fast it is.
What’s new for 2018?
- Updated board colors and graphics, deck pad colors and rail graphics
- Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Piece of mind: Register your new board with Red Paddle Co to get your warranty coverage extended to 24 months
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
Forward Flex Control or FFC is a patented innovation by Red Paddle Co to give race boards even more rigidity to cope with the intense pressures of competition. It is made up of a stiffening rod that works in combination with the RSS to deliver a mode rigid ride. Before fully inflating the board and inserting the RSS Battens, you simply clip the rob to a mounting level near the top of the deck pad and put it under compression. See how Forward Flex Control works.
The board comes fitted with the patented RSS system, the rocker stiffening system which improves board stiffness and performance by up to 50%. The RSS system works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. This works against the downward force of the rider, resulting in a stiffer board. The battens are removable for easy board roll-up, and can be stored in the same carry bag. While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Paddle Co’s industry leading 25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with SUPreme confidence.
The Red Paddle Co 14′ Elite uses a low profile US box fin system, which allows you to put in your favourite race fin. It does come supplied with a fin designed for straight-line control which has the right amount of grip without adding drag.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Forward Flex Control (FFC): Extra rigidity to triumph in extreme circumstances
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Removable fin using US fin box. Comes with fibreglass Red Paddle Co race fin designed for straight tracking
- Nose runner fin for straighter and more efficient paddling with FFC base on deck to aid in shedding water
- Inboard rear d-ring for leash
- Super traction, non-slip diamond cut main paid and “red” embossed rear EVA deck pad
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- 2 central rail mounted handles and 2 mid fore deck, carry handles, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 14′
- Width: 25”
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 340 liters
- Weight: 22 lbs, or 31 lbs in pack with pump
- Max payload: 240 lbs/110 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 2 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The Fourteen Elite comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-20psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.