2023 Red Paddle Co 14’0″ x 27″ x 5.9″ Elite Inflatable Racing SUP
Inflatable technology has made it so easy to attend races anywhere in the world. You don’t have to worry about storage or transportation, all you have to do is pack up your Red Paddle Co Elite and you’re good to go. Now unlike other inflatable race paddle boards, the Elite can hang with the big boys, it can race against hard board designs and still come out on top. But you really gotta paddle it to believe how good it is.
The Elite is designed to glide and ride like a dream, the single nose fin helps you stay on track and the center fin gives you just the right amount of grip without slowing you down. In short, it’s the real deal.
What’s new for 2023?
- Updated cargo area position which now includes accessory mount and bungee cord
- Repositioned race carry handles
- Update deck graphics
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles in our we compare all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles article.
Red Paddle Co – Since 2008
John Hibbard, Red Paddle Co Founder and CEO: As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we reflect on our journey to redefine watersports. Our goal is to create an inclusive and exciting outdoor experience, accessible to everyone. Looking back, it has been an incredible adventure, and we’re excited to continue our mission for the next 15 years. Join us on this journey, and let’s explore the world together.
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? The Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new building technique introduced in 2016. This method involves fusing a hard-wearing polymer layer to the dropstitch core during the raw material stage, eliminating the possibility of errors from hand gluing. The advanced industrial process also reduces weight by up to 5 lbs per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
Red Paddle Co has improved all aspects of board production by examining each element of the drop stitch process. They have eliminated the use of molten PVC to coat the inner thread section, which was unnecessary and messy. Instead, they coat the thread structure with a specially formulated adhesive that creates both a seal and a bonding layer. They then machine laminate a layer of high density structural PVC to this adhesive layer under controlled conditions, eliminating the human error present in traditional double layer application. This process is done at the raw material stage using specific machinery, resulting in a consistent, high quality cosmetic finish with the durability and strength of previous double layer construction.
Additionally, by doing this at the raw material stage, Red Paddle Co can now benefit from torsional stiffness when the board is inflated. This may seem simple, but the components and methods have been refined multiple times to create the perfect balance of performance, quality, and weight.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
Forward Flex Control Rod
The Forward Flex Control (FFC) is a patented technology by Red Paddle Co that increases the rigidity of race boards to handle the demands of competition. It consists of a stiffening rod that works in conjunction with the RSS to provide a more rigid ride. To use the FFC, the board is partially inflated and the RSS Battens are inserted, then the rod is attached to a mounting point near the top of the deck pad and compressed by locking the lever. See how Forward Flex Control works.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) is a patented innovation that improves board stiffness by 30-50%. It consists of two external polycarbonate struts (battens) that are inserted into pockets along the rails of the board. The design of the batten and the pocket it fits into are both of high quality to ensure optimal stiffness and performance. Red Paddle Co constructs the pockets separately before attaching them to the board, ensuring a perfect fit. No detail is overlooked to ensure the RSS system performs at its best. This system is a breakthrough in inflatable board performance, developed by Red Paddle Co’s focus on building inflatable boards and their belief that riding an inflatable board should not mean sacrificing performance, appearance, or quality.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
After extensive travel with boards, Red Paddle Co has created the ultimate inflatable paddle board bag, the ATB Transformer Bag. This bag features the most significant advancements seen in inflatable board bags to date, making it the perfect solution for travel and storage.
The ATB Transformer Bag is a complete redesign of Red Paddle Co’s bestselling inflatable SUP backpack, now offering exceptional levels of support for the shoulders and back through highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support.
The bag can be compressed for added comfort and ease of carrying, with exterior straps. The interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system make it easy to pack away your paddle safely and securely. A large outer zip pocket allows for secure storage and easy access to essentials.
Red Paddle Co’s innovative bag-less carry system is designed to benefit all paddleboarders. It allows adventurers to explore more remote waterways without the added weight of a bulky bag. It also makes it more convenient for families to pack up their kit after a day at the beach.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump has been redesigned and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co improved on the already effective double chamber design by focusing on ease of use and packing. They also enhanced the fixtures and fittings to make the pump even more durable.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first double chamber SUP pump specifically designed to cut the time and effort needed to inflate the board by half. Through constant innovation, Red Paddle Co has pushed the boundaries of inflation technology and are confident that the Titan 2 pump is unmatched in the market. The Dual Cylinder system, paired with the Hi Flo handle, allows for complete control over the energy used to inflate the board, leading to faster inflation and less effort to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds smaller than the previous Titan pump, making it easier to roll the board and resulting in a tighter roll.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product, it’s a process that Red Paddle Co uses to improve the end result of their inflatable paddle boards. They focus on key areas of the production process, such as how layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, and make sure no aspect of the design process is overlooked. The key areas of construction are inside the board, where Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail ensures the best experience on the outside.
Red Paddle Co uses only the highest quality drop stitch material for the core of their boards, which is specially produced, high density drop stitch that creates a stronger and stiffer core. The surface of the board has thousands of dimples that spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch, which is a mass-produced, cheaper material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
The process begins by using a machine to weave the inner core. Next, the woven surface is covered in an adhesive that seals the material and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in the next stage of the process. The deck pad, fins, and other parts are then attached to the outer layer.
US Fin Box
US Box Fins, which originated in the surfing industry, are widely trusted for their performance. They are used on several Red Paddle Co boards, including all Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon, and the Windsurf board. Red Paddle Co uses different types of fins depending on the board, which are inserted after inflation and are easily attached using a nut and bolt system.
Red Paddle Co Glass Race Fin – Get more performance, glide and tracking out of your board!
The honeycomb fibreglass race/weed fin from Red Paddle Co is designed to give the best performance in a range of conditions. It’s main design attributes are:
- Raked back fin to avoid catching weeds that can destroy your race performance
- Streamlined surface area to give the right amount of tracking but minimal drag
- The race fin is made from a honeycomb foam core, coated in a glass fiber to reduce weight but to maintain a rigid shape without flexing under loaded conditions
- Great tracking and stability
- The Red Paddle Co Race/Weed Fin comes with it’s own neoprene carrying case with clear front panel, and fin bolt
Rail Foot Holds
The deck pad on Red Paddle Co’s boards have raised sections along the rails in the main standing area, which allows the rider to grip the board with their feet. This provides leverage on the outer edges of the deck pad, increasing stability and allowing a balanced and grounded stance in choppy conditions. This results in more energy being able to be directed into each paddle stroke.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated FFC with Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on fore deck
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Forward Flex Control (FFC): Extra rigidity to triumph in extreme circumstances
- Features the updated polycarbonate batten RSS System
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Removable fin using US fin box. Comes with fibreglass Red Paddle Co race fin designed for straight tracking
- Nose runner fin for straighter and more efficient paddling with FFC base on deck to aid in shedding water
- Forward mounted Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Tail mounted rear d-ring for leash
- Super traction, non-slip “red” embossed main pad with raised rails and diamond cut rear EVA deck pad
- 4 point stainless steel d-ring forward cargo area (bungee not included)
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- 2 mid fore deck carry handles
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 14′
- Width: 27”
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 343 liters
- Weight: 26 lbs, or 36 lbs in pack with pump
- Max rider weight: 265 lbs/120 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 14′ x 27″ Elite comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, FFC rod, RSS battens, race fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.