2022 Red Paddle Co 12’0″ x 32″ x 4.72″ Compact SUP Package
All-new technology. The Future of paddle boarding… Using PACTTM Technology, exclusive to Red Paddle Co.
Based on the ever-popular Red Paddle Co Voyager range, this board provides the perfect blend of stability and manoeuvrability and is packed full of features and innovations found on the popular Voyager range. An accessory mount and additional cargo points mean you’re set for any adventure you could think of.
The whole package is full of practical features and innovations – the board has a quad stringer tensioning system, giving maximum rigidity while the central living hinge means the board can be folded and rolled into a super small package, making it the most transportable adventure SUP on the market.
The result is a board that always keeps its shape when inflated, but packs down to an ultra-small size once you’ve let out the air.
What’s new for 2022?
- New model for 2022
→ See a side by side comparison of all 2022 Red Paddle Co inflatable stand up paddle boards in our we compare Red Paddle Co 2022 paddle boards article.
PACT™ technology features a completely new durable material with a high resolution thread matrix but is malleable to ensure easy packing.
The board wraps around itself and the Titan pump.
The split deck pad and offset valve creates a ‘living hinge’, allowing the board to fold easily down the middle.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS), a patented innovation, is designed to increase board stiffness by 30-50%. The Rocker Stiffening System utilises two external polycarbonate struts (battens) inserted into pockets along the rails of the board. While the RSS batten has been shaped to give the best stiffness, the pocket into which it fits is also built to the highest quality. Red Paddle Co build the pocket separately before laminating it to the board to ensure the very best fit and performance. No detail is missed to ensure the RSS system works to its full potential. A revolution in inflatable board performance, Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS System comes from their focus on only building inflatable boards and their belief that riding an inflatable board should not mean you have to compromise on performance, looks or quality.
The Compact Bag
Exclusively available with the 12’ Compact, this backpack is based off the original Compact bag that comes with Red Paddle Co 11’ and 9’6″ Compact boards, but opens fully at the front and top to make it easier to pack your board away or even carry the board unfolded. It also includes compression straps which pack the board in as tight and small so its securely held in the back. Improved lumbar support is now even more adjustable, making sure the bag is the right height for each wearer. While the bag is not physically long enough for RSS Battens, the polycarbonate battens can be curled to fit inside the bag with ease.
The Compact backpack is highly engineered to offer unique levels of adjustability and comfort, plus incredible shoulder and back support. We think it’s the most highly engineered SUP bag on the planet, and as it applies approximately 53% less downforce on the carrier’s lower back, you can travel for longer in comfort. With customisable lumbar support and adjustable height features, it’s suitable for almost any size of paddler. And it doesn’t stop there:
- Tubular closed cell padding on the handles
- Concentrated shoulder padding
- Brushed cotton shoulder and back cushioning
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- All these combine to make it a pleasure to carry, whether you’re on a short walk to the water or off on an epic adventure.
- Dimensions: Height: 24″ (610mm), Width: 16.5″ (420mm), Depth: 14″ (355mm)
Creating a compact paddle was not an easy task, but Red Paddle Co have found the perfect solution: a five piece paddle.
As a result, it packs away perfectly, but it is still adjustable with no compromise on the water.
Made of high-modulus carbon for extra rigidity, with a durable pure nylon blade.
The Nylon blade of the paddle is laser etched, with no printing, chemicals or transfers and produced with a single pure material. Meaning the design will stay on forever, resulting in no aesthetic implications.
Our new anti-twist adjustment system with 45 degree cut push-pin technology has resulted in our most compact paddle yet.
The paddle packs away perfectly into the bag, but it’s still adjustable and there’s no compromise in its performance when out on the water. And another plus, due to the design of the five-piece paddle, individual sections can be removed creating a paddle that’s suitable for smaller riders – a package for all the family. The paddle weighs 28 oz and in regular form can be adjusted from 71″ to 83″ (180-210cm) with shaft lengths of about 17″ to 20″. Removing the individual sections creates a paddle suitable for smaller paddlers 53″ to 65″ (135-165cm) – great for families.
The fins use a simple click fin system with a secondary pin for added security. The two off set fin boxes themselves are also compatible with standard FCS fins, so you can customise the feel of your board on the water.
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump was completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Red Paddle Co 8′ Coiled SUP Leash
This 8′ coiled SUP leash has been designed by Red Paddle Co for flat water paddlers and racers who want to make sure they are not getting any excess drag from their leash being in the water.
The leash features a interchangeable ankle or calf cuff with a quick release loop and integrated key pouch. It has a 7mm dual cord coiled leash which prevents the leash from dragging in the water plus dual pivot points to reduce twist. The leash is supplied with a length of rope so you can use with tradition leash points or can attach directly to our leash points which you can find at the back of any Red Paddle Co board.
Avoids drag caused by a trailing leash, perfect for flat-water paddling.
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product it’s a process. By focussing in on the key areas of the production process Red Paddle Co have been able to identify ways they can improve the end result. Whether it be detailing exactly where and how the layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, no area of the design process is ignored. The key areas of construction are inside the board. Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail on the inside ensures the best experience on the outside.
They use only the highest quality drop stitch. Drop stitch is the name given to the material inside an inflatable board. Red Paddle Co boards are built using specially produced, high density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. Take a look on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board you will see thousands of dimples spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch which is a mass produced, cheap material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
First of all, Red Paddle Co use a machine to weave the inner core. Next they cover the woven surface in an adhesive that both seals the woven material so it is air tight, and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in next stage of the process. They then attach the deck pad, fins and other parts to the outer layer.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! Updated for 2022 with the new “pocket” style main bungee. All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system in forward cargo area
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily
- MSL PACTTM fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, matrix thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co Compact Backpack
- Bungee deck lacing with 6 d-rings
- Rear tie down d-rings for carrying extra loads (bungee not included)
- Two removable fins with retaining system
- Rear d-ring for leash
- Super traction, split non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- Off-center carrying handle with two side carry handles
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Red Paddle Co 8′ Coiled SUP Leash
- Length: 12’0″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 302 liters
- Weight: 22 lbs board only, 34 lbs with backpack, pump, paddle, fins and leash
- Component weights: Backpack – 4 lbs; Paddle – 2 lbs; Titan pump – 5 lbs; Fins and leash – 1 lbs
- Max payload: 265 lbs/120 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 12’0″ comes complete with the awesome Compact Bag backpack, 5 piece carbon paddle, leash, a repair kit, fins and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co Compact User Guide (PDF)