2022 Red Paddle Co 12’6″ x 32″ x 5.9″ Voyager Inflatable SUP
Calling all life’s adventurers… The Red Paddle Co Voyager inflatable SUP was created with epic adventures in mind and is the board of choice for many explorers around the world.
High sides, large volume and narrower width make it a high- speed cruiser, designed for competent paddlers. It’s got a 6 point cargo tie-down system at the front with single concave keeping your kit locked down plus a 6 point cargo tie-down system at the back for all your gear and an extra-grippy traction pad to help keep your kit in place at the rear.
What’s new for 2022?
- Revised twin fin set up for a faster board
- All new ATB Transformer Bag with bag-less system
- Updated flat bungee cargo system
→ See a side by side comparison of all 2022 Red Paddle Co inflatable stand up paddle boards in our we compare Red Paddle Co 2022 paddle boards article.
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles in our we compare all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles article.
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The difference is in the detail. By looking at all of the individual elements of drop stitch Red Paddle Co have been able to develop a refined process to improve all aspects of board production.
Firstly Red Paddle Co have removed the process of coating the inner thread section with molten PVC – for them this was a redundant process, as they had no interest in producing a single layer board and only served as a base to glue our outer/double layer too. It was also a messy process with very little control. Instead they coat the thread structure in a layer of adhesive that has been specially formulated to create both a seal and a bonding layer. Red Paddle Co then machine laminate a layer or high density structural PVC to this adhesive layer under controlled conditions – completely removing the human factor involved in traditional double layer application.
This entire process is done at the raw material stage by carefully calibrated machinery developed for this process specifically. The result is a consistent and high level cosmetic finish that has all of the durability and strength properties of our previous double layer construction. And because this process is done at the raw material stage Red Paddle Co is now able to benefit from torsional stiffness as the material is put under tension when the board is inflated.
It all sounds simple but like the best single malt whiskey or a finely tuned engine the components and method have needed to be refined over and over again until they created the ultimate blend of performance, quality and weight.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS), a patented innovation, is designed to increase board stiffness by 30-50%. The Rocker Stiffening System utilises two external polycarbonate struts (battens) inserted into pockets along the rails of the board. While the RSS batten has been shaped to give the best stiffness, the pocket into which it fits is also built to the highest quality. Red Paddle Co build the pocket separately before laminating it to the board to ensure the very best fit and performance. No detail is missed to ensure the RSS system works to its full potential. A revolution in inflatable board performance, Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS System comes from their focus on only building inflatable boards and their belief that riding an inflatable board should not mean you have to compromise on performance, looks or quality.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
After travelling over 100,000 miles with boards, Red Paddle Co has an excellent idea of what was needed from the ultimate inflatable paddle board bag. Red Paddle Co’s all new ATB Transformer Bag has the most significant developments seen so far with inflatable board bags. This bag truly is the ultimate solution for travel and storage.
The complete redesign of Red Paddle Co’s bestselling inflatable SUP backpack, highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support means that the Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag now offers exceptional levels of support for your shoulders and back.
Exterior straps mean that the bag can be compressed making it more comfortable and a pleasure to carry. It’s now easier to pack away your paddle with an interior paddle blade pocket and a velcro securing system so your paddle is safe and secure while on the move. A large outer zip pocket means any essentials can be packed securely away and easily accessible.
Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary bag-less carry system has been designed with all paddleboarders in mind. For the adventurers, you can now go further and access more remote waterways without the need of a heavy bulky bag. Perfect for families, it’s now easier, quicker and more convenient to pack up your kit after a long day at the beach.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump was completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product it’s a process. By focussing in on the key areas of the production process Red Paddle Co have been able to identify ways they can improve the end result. Whether it be detailing exactly where and how the layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, no area of the design process is ignored. The key areas of construction are inside the board. Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail on the inside ensures the best experience on the outside.
They use only the highest quality drop stitch. Drop stitch is the name given to the material inside an inflatable board. Red Paddle Co boards are built using specially produced, high density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. Take a look on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board you will see thousands of dimples spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch which is a mass produced, cheap material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
First of all, Red Paddle Co use a machine to weave the inner core. Next they cover the woven surface in an adhesive that both seals the woven material so it is air tight, and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in next stage of the process, see MSL above. They then attach the deck pad, fins and other parts to the outer layer.
The 12′, 12’6″ and 13’2″ Voyagers feature the revolutionary V-Hull system, exclusive to Red Paddle Co. The sculpted bottom of the Voyager boards breaks the surface tension of the water increasing glide and helping the board track even better than before. The V-Hull has been scientifically proven to increase efficiency meaning you can paddle further with less effort. The V-Hull has the added benefit of creating a concave deck which provides a neat V for your forward cargo to nestle into and stay securely on board.
Twin US Fin Boxes
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards use them, including all of the Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon and Windsurf boards. Red Paddle Co use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and are simply attached using a nut and bolt system.
The 12′, 12’6″ and 13’2″ Voyager boards feature a Twin Traction Fin System. This Twin Traction Fin System allows the use of shorter fins to reduce catching in shallow water, but aiding board traction and making it easier to load up on land.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! Updated for 2022 with the new “pocket” style main bungee. All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose, and mounting system in forward cargo area
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Sculpted V-Hull breaks the surface tension of the water increasing glide and helping the board track even better than before
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the updated polycarbonate batten RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Twin thumb screw 8″ SUP touring fins for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle and d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling
- Super traction, non-slip diamond cut EVA deck pad
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Rear tie down d-rings for carrying extra loads (bungee not included)
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Handles on each rail and the nose for every possible carrying method
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 361 liters
- Weight: 28 lbs board only, 38 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 330 lbs/150 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 12’6″ Voyager comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, RSS battens, fins, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.