2018 Red Paddle Co 12’6″ Voyager
Paddling is all about exploring and getting close to nature, and there’s no better family of boards for that than the Voyager range. Underneath, it has a FCS SUP Touring fin, a nose runner fin to aid tracking in side winds, and two rear runner fins to cancel out ‘tail drift’ when the board is loaded with gear.
What’s new for 2018?
- RSS Battens are introduced to the 12’6″ Voyager
- Complete coverage non-slip diamond cut deck pad
- Larger cargo area with 6 tie down points
- Bungee for rear cargo area included in package
- FCS thumb screw 9″ touring SUP fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Updated board colors and graphics, deck pad colors and rail graphics
- Nose mounted Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Updated Red Paddle Co All Terrain bag with new more comfortable straps and new back pack strap stash system
- Piece of mind: Register your new board with Red Paddle Co to get your warranty coverage extended to 24 months
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The 12’6″ Voyager’s 6″ thickness and capacity make it super-stiff and stable, so it’s perfect for taller, larger paddlers and for longer outings and a range of conditions. We like to think of it as a ‘destination paddleboard’. The extra length means it can easily handle a kid on the front while you paddle, or if you’re going it alone, you can use the cargo tie-downs to take camping gear or a dry bag with you.
The 2018 Voyager’s shape and fin set-up mean that this inflatable SUP is fast, stable and tracks straight and true. Multiple cargo tie-down sections and larger than average payload allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail. The Explorer 12’6″ is also an amazing platform for fishing with loads of space on the deck to secure your cooler and rods, and stash the catch of the day.
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) system works to give unrivalled stiffness. The RSS is designed to increase rigidity by 30-50%. It works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. While some inflatable boards flex in the water, Red Paddle Co’s 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to paddle with confidence.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co All Terrain Backpack
- FCS thumb screw 9″ SUP touring fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Double tail runner fins for straighter paddling
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling
- Super traction, non-slip diamond cut EVA deck pad
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Rear tie down d-rings for carrying extra loads (bungee not included)
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Handles on each rail and the noe for every possible carrying method
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 370 liters
- Weight: 27 lbs board only, 40 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 330 lbs/150 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 2 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.