2023 Red Paddle Co 12’6″ x 30″ x 5.9″ Sport Inflatable SUP
Take your paddling to new heights with Red Paddle Co’s stylish and high-performance Sport boards. Perfect for the intermediate paddler, these boards offer unmatched speed and dynamic performance without sacrificing style. The narrow width and streamlined nose design allows for a smooth and efficient cut through the water, helping you reach greater distances and speeds. Don’t limit yourself, push your paddling capabilities with these boards.
What’s new for 2023?
- Updated Deck graphics
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles in our we compare all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles article.
Red Paddle Co – Since 2008
John Hibbard, Red Paddle Co Founder and CEO: As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we reflect on our journey to redefine watersports. Our goal is to create an inclusive and exciting outdoor experience, accessible to everyone. Looking back, it has been an incredible adventure, and we’re excited to continue our mission for the next 15 years. Join us on this journey, and let’s explore the world together.
The Red Paddle Co Sport comes in three sizes: The 11′ Sport, 11’3″ Sport and this the 12’6″ Sport. The 11’0″ Sport offers fast inflation and great flat-water performance for riders up to 200 lbs, while the 11’3″ Sport is great for medium/large paddlers who want a sleeker board than a Ride but still need a little stability. The 11’3″ Sport is 32″ wide while the other two models are just 30″. All boards are fitted with Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS system for maximum rigidity.
The Red Paddle Co Sport 12’6″ is a great board for bigger paddlers who want a faster board than the 11’3″ Sport who would like to glide across bays, lakes, up and down rivers and surfing small waves but need a little more stability. It’s the perfect comfortable cruiser!
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? The Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) technique represents a revolutionary step forward in the construction of fusion composite and airtight coating materials. First introduced in 2016, this method involves fusing a layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, thereby eliminating the potential for human error during the hand gluing process. This state-of-the-art industrial process also offers significant weight savings and an improvement in board stiffness at lower pressures.
Red Paddle Co has further refined the MSL technique by eliminating the use of molten PVC for the coating of the inner thread section. Instead, a specially formulated adhesive layer is employed to create both a seal and a bonding layer. This is then followed by the application of a high-density structural PVC layer, which is machine laminated to the adhesive layer under highly controlled conditions. This completely removes the human factor from the traditional double-layer application process, resulting in a highly consistent and aesthetically pleasing finish that offers exceptional durability and strength properties.
Furthermore, the implementation of this process at the raw material stage allows for the realization of torsional stiffness, as the material is placed under tension during the inflation of the board. While the MSL process may appear deceptively simple, it is the result of extensive research, development and refinement to achieve the ultimate balance of performance, quality, and weight.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) is a patented breakthrough that has been developed to significantly increase the rigidity of inflatable boards by up to 50%. It utilizes two external polycarbonate struts, known as battens, that are inserted into specially designed pockets along the edges of the board. These battens have been carefully shaped to provide optimal stiffness, while the pockets they fit into are also constructed with the utmost precision to ensure a perfect fit. To ensure the best performance, Red Paddle Co assembles the pockets separately before attaching them to the board. No detail is overlooked to ensure that the RSS system operates at its peak. This system represents a major advancement in inflatable board performance, and it’s all thanks to Red Paddle Co’s focus on only building inflatable boards and their belief that one should not have to compromise on performance, appearance, or quality when riding an inflatable board.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
Are you tired of struggling with bulky and uncomfortable inflatable paddle board bags during your travels? Look no further than the all-new ATB Transformer Bag from Red Paddle Co. After traveling over 100,000 miles with boards, we’ve developed the ultimate solution for both travel and storage.
Our ATB Transformer Bag is a complete redesign of our bestselling inflatable SUP backpack, featuring highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support for unparalleled comfort on your shoulders and back. Exterior straps allow for easy compression, making it even more comfortable to carry. And with an interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system, packing and securing your paddle has never been easier. Plus, a large outer zip pocket allows for secure storage of all your essentials. Don’t compromise on performance and quality, choose the ATB Transformer Bag for your next adventure.
Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary bag-less carry system has been designed with all paddleboarders in mind. For the adventurers, you can now go further and access more remote waterways without the need of a heavy bulky bag. Perfect for families, it’s now easier, quicker and more convenient to pack up your kit after a long day at the beach.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump was completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product it’s a process. By focussing in on the key areas of the production process Red Paddle Co have been able to identify ways they can improve the end product. Whether it be detailing exactly where and how the layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, all areas of the design and process are considered. The key areas of construction are inside the board. Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail on the inside ensures the best performing board.
Red Paddle Co use only the highest quality drop stitch. Drop stitch is the name of the threads inside an inflatable board. Red Paddle Co boards are built using specially produced, high density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. Take a look on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board you will see thousands of dimples spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch which is a mass produced, cheap material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
First of all, Red Paddle Co use a machine to weave the inner core. Next they cover the woven surface in an adhesive that both seals the woven material so it is air tight, and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in next stage of the process, see MSL above. They then attach the deck pad, fins and other parts to the outer layer.
The Red Paddle Co Sport boards continue with their square tail and revolutionary water release system to aid speed on the water. The color matched square edge on the tail of the board promotes a clean release of water for optimal speed and glide. The sharp edge prevents water sucking up the tail which pulls the tail of the board down and creates drag. With the new Speed Tail, the water releases cleanly off the tail of the board and maximises your speed and glide.
US Fin Box
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards use them, including all of the Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon, as well as the Windsurf board. Red Paddle Co use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and are simply attached using a nut and bolt system.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! Updated for 2022 with the new “pocket” style main bungee. All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the updated polycarbonate batten RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Thumb screw 9″ SUP touring fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle and d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 30″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 330 liters
- Weight: 26 lbs board only, 35 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 265 lbs/120 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 12’6″ Sport comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, RSS battens, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
Watch the How to set up your new Red Paddle Co board video
View the Red Paddle Co Inflatable Paddle Board Welcome Guide and User Manual (PDF)