2018 Red Paddle Co 12’6″ Sport
Again for 2018, the Red Paddle Co Sport comes in three sizes: The 11′ Sport, 11’3″ Sport and this the 12’6″ Sport. The 11’0″ Sport offers fast inflation and great flat-water performance for riders up to 200 lbs, while the 11’3″ Sport is great for medium/large paddlers who want a sleeker board than a Ride but still need a little stability. The 11’3″ Sport is 32″ wide while the other two models are just 30″. All boards are fitted with Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS system for maximum rigidity.
The Red Paddle Co Sport 12’6″ is a great board for bigger paddlers who want a faster board than the 11’3″ Sport who would like to glide across bays, lakes, up and down rivers and surfing small waves but need a little more stability. It’s the perfect comfortable cruiser!
What’s new for 2018?
- Larger cargo area with 6 tie down points
- FCS thumb screw 9″ touring SUP fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Updated deck pad and rail graphics
- Nose mounted Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, Red Paddle Co logo embossed deck pad with non-slip diamond cut EVA deck pad towards the tail
- Updated Red Paddle Co All Terrain bag with new more comfortable straps and new back pack strap stash system
- Piece of mind: Register your new board with Red Paddle Co to get your warranty coverage extended to 24 months
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) system works to give unrivalled stiffness. The RSS is designed to increase rigidity by 30-50%. It works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. While some inflatable boards flex in the water, Red Paddle Co’s 15-25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to paddle with confidence.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co All Terrain Backpack
- FCS thumb screw 9″ SUP touring fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 30″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 350 liters
- Weight: 24 lbs board only, 32 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 285 lbs/130 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 2 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six Sport comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.