Despite its practicality, there’s no compromise on performance. The 12’6” Race features Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS stiffening system; its rocker line has been designed for fast glide and ride; its double nose fins help tracking; and the center fin at the rear gives the right amount of grip without adding drag.
What’s new for 2017?
- As with all 2017 Red Paddle Co inflatable paddle boards, the 12’6″ Race features the improved MSL fusion composite and airtight coating construction process for a lighter and stiffer board.
- Updated 8″ US fin box for easy roll up
- Slimmer 27″ width, down from 28″
- RSS Battens now feature special cord and velcro tab to hold them in place
- More streamlined nose runner fins
- Foil lined bag to protect board from extreme temperatures
- Sleeker nose outline to wider standing area for more speed and stability
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The board comes fitted with the patented RSS system, the rocker stiffening system which improves board stiffness and performance by up to 50%. The RSS system works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. This works against the downward force of the rider, resulting in a stiffer board. The battens are removable for easy board roll-up, and can be stored in the same carry bag. While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Paddle Co’s industry leading 25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with SUPreme confidence.
It comes supplied with a fin designed for straight-line control which has the right amount of grip without adding drag. Double nose runner fins also provide enhanced tracking and shedding water on nose dives.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Removable fin using US fin box. Comes with fibreglass fin designed for straight tracking
- Double nose runner fins for straighter and more efficient paddling and shedding water, one on top, one underneath
- Inboard rear d-ring for leash
- Super traction, non-slip diamond cut and “crocodile skin” EVA deck pad
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle with integrated d-ring
- 2 forward carry handles, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6”
- Width: 27”
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 340 liters
- Weight: 23 lbs, or 31 lbs in pack with pump
- Max payload: 285 lbs/135 kg
- Warranty: 1 year
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six Race comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-20psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co Inflation and User Manual (0.9MB).