What’s new for 2017?
- As with all 2017 Red Paddle Co inflatable paddle boards, the 12’6″ Explorer features the improved MSL fusion composite and airtight coating construction process for a lighter and stiffer board.
- Integrated nose handle, d-ring and Ram Mount for cameras and accessories
- Forward cargo area now includes a Ram Mount
- FCS Connect tool-less 9″ SUP fin
- Updated 8″ US fin box for easy roll up
- More streamlined nose runner fin
- Foil lined bag to protect board from extreme temperatures
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The 12’6″ Explorer’s 6″ thickness and capacity make it super-stiff and stable, so it’s perfect for taller, larger paddlers and for longer outings and a range of conditions. We like to think of it as a ‘destination paddleboard’. The extra length means it can easily handle a kid on the front while you paddle, or if you’re going it alone, you can use the cargo tie-downs to take camping gear or a dry bag with you.
The 2017 Explorer’s shape and fin set-up mean that this inflatable SUP is fast, stable and tracks straight and true. Multiple cargo tie-down sections and larger than average payload allow for a large quantity of gear to be carried on the nose and tail. The Explorer 12’6″ is also an amazing platform for fishing with loads of space on the deck to secure your cooler and rods, and stash the catch of the day.
The new FCS Connect SUP fin simply slots in by hand, taking mere seconds to fit. They have a specially designed water-resistant barrels and corrosion-resistant titanium pin mechanism incorporated into their base. The rest of the fin is also extremely durable and resistant.
- The Titan Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- FCS Connect tool-less 9″ SUP fin
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle, d-ring and Ram Mount for camera and accessories
- Double tail runner fins for straighter paddling
- Nose fin runner for straighter paddling
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad
- Front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings and Ram Mount
- Rear tie down d-rings for carrying extra loads
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Handles on each rail and a nose for every possible carrying method
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 12’6″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 370 liters
- Weight: 25 lbs board only, 34 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 330 lbs/150 kg
- Warranty: 1 year
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six comes complete with an awesome wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the special Red Paddle Co Titan pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the Red Paddle Co Inflation and User Manual (0.9MB).