2023 Red Paddle Co 11’3″ x 32″ x 4.72″ Sport Special Edition Inflatable SUP
Achieve new paddling milestones with Red Paddle Co’s Sport boards. Designed for the intermediate paddler, these boards offer a perfect blend of style, speed and performance. The narrow width and sleek nose design allows for an effortless movement through the water, helping you to go further and faster. Unleash your full paddling potential with Red Paddle Co’s Sport boards and reach new horizons.
What’s new for 2023?
- Updated Deck graphics
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles in our we compare all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles article.
Red Paddle Co – Since 2008
John Hibbard, Red Paddle Co Founder and CEO: As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we reflect on our journey to redefine watersports. Our goal is to create an inclusive and exciting outdoor experience, accessible to everyone. Looking back, it has been an incredible adventure, and we’re excited to continue our mission for the next 15 years. Join us on this journey, and let’s explore the world together.
The Red Paddle Co Sport comes in three sizes. Along with this, the 11’3″ Sport which is sleek but still stable at 32″ wide, the 11’0″ Sport offers fast inflation and great flat-water performance for riders up to 200 lbs, while the 12’6″ Sport is more suited to longer touring trips and/or the larger rider. All boards are fitted with Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS system for maximum rigidity.
The Red Paddle Co Sport 11’3″ is a great board for slightly bigger paddlers who want to glide across bays, lakes, up and down rivers and surfing small waves but need a little more stability. It’s the perfect comfortable cruiser!
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? In 2016, a new way of making inflatable boards was introduced called Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL). It’s a technique where the second layer of a hard-wearing polymer is fused to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, which eliminates any chance of errors during hand gluing. Not only that but it also makes the boards lighter and stiffer at lower pressures.
Red Paddle Co has taken this technique and made it even better by eliminating the need to coat the inner thread section with molten PVC. This was a step that was unnecessary for them since they only make double-layer boards and it was a messy process with little control. Instead, they use a layer of specially formulated adhesive to create both a seal and a bonding layer. Then, using machinery, they laminate a layer of high density structural PVC to this adhesive layer under controlled conditions. This removes the human factor and ensures a consistent and high-quality finish that is durable and strong.
Also, by doing the process at the raw material stage, Red Paddle Co is now able to benefit from torsional stiffness, which is when the material is put under tension when the board is inflated. It may sound simple, but it’s taken a lot of trial and error to perfect this technique and get the perfect balance of performance, quality, and weight.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS) is a patented innovation that has been engineered to significantly boost the stiffness of inflatable boards, by up to 50%. It employs the use of two external polycarbonate struts, commonly referred to as battens, that are inserted into special pockets along the rails of the board. These battens are designed with precision to provide exceptional stiffness and stability, while the pockets they fit into are also crafted with great attention to detail to ensure a perfect fit. Red Paddle Co takes great care in building the pockets separately before attaching them to the board, to ensure the highest level of performance. No detail is overlooked to make sure that the RSS system reaches its full potential. This technology represents a significant advancement in inflatable board performance, and it’s all thanks to Red Paddle Co’s commitment to building only inflatable boards and their belief that one should not have to compromise on performance, appearance or quality when riding an inflatable board.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
After travelling over 100,000 miles with boards, Red Paddle Co has an excellent idea of what was needed from the ultimate inflatable paddle board bag. Red Paddle Co’s all new ATB Transformer Bag has the most significant developments seen so far with inflatable board bags. This bag truly is the ultimate solution for travel and storage.
The complete redesign of Red Paddle Co’s bestselling inflatable SUP backpack, highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support means that the Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag now offers exceptional levels of support for your shoulders and back.
Exterior straps mean that the bag can be compressed making it more comfortable and a pleasure to carry. It’s now easier to pack away your paddle with an interior paddle blade pocket and a velcro securing system so your paddle is safe and secure while on the move. A large outer zip pocket means any essentials can be packed securely away and easily accessible.
Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary bag-less carry system has been designed with all paddleboarders in mind. For the adventurers, you can now go further and access more remote waterways without the need of a heavy bulky bag. Perfect for families, it’s now easier, quicker and more convenient to pack up your kit after a long day at the beach.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump was completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
At Red Paddle Co, Tec Air is not just a product, it’s a way of making sure their inflatable boards are the best they can be. They take a close look at every step of the production process to find ways to improve the final product. They pay attention to every detail, from how the layers are bonded to how the rocker curve is applied to the board. Red focus on the inside of the board, where all the important construction happens, to make sure you have the best experience on the outside.
When it comes to the materials they use, Red Paddle Co only selects the best. They use a special type of drop stitch that is high-density and makes for a stronger and stiffer core. You can see the thousands of dimples on the surface of a Red Paddle Co board, which represent the internal threads. They don’t use a cheaper type of drop stitch called linear drop stitch, which can’t hold high pressure and can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
To make their boards, Red Paddle Co first uses a machine to weave the inner core. Then, they cover the woven surface with an adhesive that both seals the woven material to make it airtight and adheres to the second layer. The second layer is applied in the next stage of the process, as described in MSL (Monocoque Structural Laminate). After that, they attach the deck pad, fins, and other parts to the outer layer. This attention to detail and use of the best materials is what sets Red Paddle Co’s inflatable boards apart.
The Red Paddle Co Sport boards continue with their square tail and revolutionary water release system to aid speed on the water. The color matched square edge on the tail of the board promotes a clean release of water for optimal speed and glide. The sharp edge prevents water sucking up the tail which pulls the tail of the board down and creates drag. With the new Speed Tail, the water releases cleanly off the tail of the board and maximises your speed and glide.
US Fin Box
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards use them, including all of the Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon, as well as the Windsurf board. Red Paddle Co use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and are simply attached using a nut and bolt system.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! Updated for 2022 with the new “pocket” style main bungee. All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the updated polycarbonate batten RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Thumb screw 9″ SUP touring fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle and d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 11’3″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 258 liters
- Weight: 24 lbs board only, 34 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 240 lbs/110 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 11’3″ Sport Special Edition comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, RSS battens, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.