2021 Red Paddle Co 11’3″ x 32″ x 4.72″ Sport with Carbon 50 Nylon Adjustable 70-86″ 3 Piece Paddle and Coiled Leash
Oozing with style and speed, go faster and further than you thought possible. Designed for the slightly more experienced paddler, these boards deliver even more speed and dynamic performance (although they’re not quite race boards). Reduced width and a sleek, drawn-out nose section mean the boards cut through the water cleanly, allowing you to paddle further and faster.
What’s new for 2021?
- Completely re-imagined and re-engineered Titan 2 Pump
- High Performance, adaptable flat bungee cargo system
- Speed tail – all new water release system to increase speed
- Narrower nose and tail for faster, sleeker outline
- Refined tubular handles – extra comfort when carrying the board
- Clean lines – developing a timeless, premium design
- Extended deck pad for better grip and cleaner seamless look
- Surfboard inspired hull graphic featuring board dimensions
- New RSS battens for easier insertion and removal but the same stiffening properties
- Discreet inflation valve
- Updated deck graphics and rail graphics/colors
Again for 2021, the Red Paddle Co Sport comes in three sizes. Along with this, the 11’3″ Sport which is sleek but still stable at 32″ wide, the 11’0″ Sport offers fast inflation and great flat-water performance for riders up to 200 lbs, while the 12’6″ Sport is more suited to longer touring trips and/or the larger rider. All boards are fitted with Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS system for maximum rigidity.
The Red Paddle Co Sport 11’3″ is a great board for slightly bigger paddlers who want to glide across bays, lakes, up and down rivers and surfing small waves but need a little more stability. It’s the perfect comfortable cruiser!
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite and airtight coating is a new construction process introduced in 2016. MSL involves fusing the second layer of hard-wearing polymer to the dropstitch core at the raw material stage, removing hand gluing errors. The high-tech industrial process also saves up to 5 lbs of weight per board and makes the boards stiffer at lower pressures.
The difference is in the detail. By looking at all of the individual elements of drop stitch Red Paddle Co have been able to develop a refined process to improve all aspects of board production.
Firstly Red Paddle Co have removed the process of coating the inner thread section with molten PVC – for them this was a redundant process, as they had no interest in producing a single layer board and only served as a base to glue our outer/double layer too. It was also a messy process with very little control. Instead they coat the thread structure in a layer of adhesive that has been specially formulated to create both a seal and a bonding layer. Red Paddle Co then machine laminate a layer or high density structural PVC to this adhesive layer under controlled conditions – completely removing the human factor involved in traditional double layer application.
This entire process is done at the raw material stage by carefully calibrated machinery developed for this process specifically. The result is a consistent and high level cosmetic finish that has all of the durability and strength properties of our previous double layer construction. And because this process is done at the raw material stage Red Paddle Co is now able to benefit from torsional stiffness as the material is put under tension when the board is inflated.
It all sounds simple but like the best single malt whiskey or a finely tuned engine the components and method have needed to be refined over and over again until they created the ultimate blend of performance, quality and weight.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
Rocker Stiffening System
The Rocker Stiffening System (RSS), a patented innovation, is designed to increase board stiffness by 30-50%. The new 2021 Rocker Stiffening System utilises two external polycarbonate struts (battens) inserted into pockets along the rails of the board. While the RSS batten has been shaped to give the best stiffness, the pocket into which it fits is also built to the highest quality. Red Paddle Co build the pocket separately before laminating it to the board to ensure the very best fit and performance. No detail is missed to ensure the RSS system works to its full potential. A revolution in inflatable board performance, Red Paddle Co’s patented RSS System comes from their focus on only building inflatable boards and their belief that riding an inflatable board should not mean you have to compromise on performance, looks or quality.
All Terrain Board Bag
The Red Paddle Co All Terrain Bag with wheels and back pack system, is the perfect bag for travelling the world with your inflatable paddle board. Made with toughened materials that can cope with sun, sea, sand and travel, the All Terrain Red Paddle Co inflatable SUP board bag features a front-loading system which zippers on three sides, making packing and unpacking a breeze. Multiple storage handles provide a multitude of carrying options.
Trekking through the back country? The adjustable, padded shoulder straps and waistband provide a comfortable way to carry your inflatable. Integrated internal straps make sure the board stays in place while in transit. Headed out for a overseas holiday? The hidden backpack strap system can be stowed when not in use. Just stash the shoulder straps and the integrated roller system lets you wheel your bag easily through the airport.
The All Terrain bag features include:
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Bonded nylon sailmaking thread stitched throughout the bag.
- Partial foil liner prevents heat build-up.
- Integrated paddle strap system keeps your breakdown paddle secure and in position while stored.
- Internal mesh pocket for storing a fin or small items
- Address label window
- High-load padded backpack straps for extra comfort and durability
- Waist band strap ensures the bag stays in the optimum position for carrying
- Integrated wheels built into the shell of the bag make travelling airports easy.
- Updated Sherpa Carry System allows you to easily store the backpack straps to create a sleek roller bag for seamless transportation.
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump has been completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: TBA
Red Paddle Co Carbon 50 Nylon Adjustable 70-86″ 3 Piece Paddle
If you’re looking for similar performance to the Carbon 50 paddle but greater durability, this is the paddle for you. The Red Paddle Co Carbon 50 Nylon has the same lightweight shaft but with the added durability of a nylon blade making it perfect for sharing amongst friends and family.
The natural flex of the shaft offers a gentler energy transfer enabling you to reach a greater stroke cadence.
The nylon blade remains rigid thanks to the structural reinforcements. The rigidity of the blade combined with the flexibility of the hybrid shaft and overall lightweight feel makes the Carbon 50 Nylon an excellent alternative to heavier alloy paddles.
Red Paddle Co 8′ Coiled SUP Leash
This 8′ coiled SUP leash has been designed by Red Paddle Co for flat water paddlers and racers who want to make sure they are not getting any excess drag from their leash being in the water.
The leash features a interchangeable ankle or calf cuff with a quick release loop and integrated key pouch. It has a 7mm dual cord coiled leash which prevents the leash from dragging in the water plus dual pivot points to reduce twist. The leash is supplied with a length of rope so you can use with tradition leash points or can attach directly to our leash points which you can find at the back of any Red Paddle Co board.
Avoids drag caused by a trailing leash, perfect for flat-water paddling.
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product it’s a process. By focussing in on the key areas of the production process Red Paddle Co have been able to identify ways they can improve the end result. Whether it be detailing exactly where and how the layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, no area of the design process is ignored. The key areas of construction are inside the board. Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail on the inside ensures the best experience on the outside.
They use only the highest quality drop stitch. Drop stitch is the name given to the material inside an inflatable board. Red Paddle Co boards are built using specially produced, high density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. Take a look on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board you will see thousands of dimples spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch which is a mass produced, cheap material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
First of all, Red Paddle Co use a machine to weave the inner core. Next they cover the woven surface in an adhesive that both seals the woven material so it is air tight, and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in next stage of the process, see MSL above. They then attach the deck pad, fins and other parts to the outer layer.
The 2021 range of Red Paddle Co Sport boards continue with their square tail, but new for this year is the revolutionary water release system to aid speed on the water. The color matched square edge on the tail of the board promotes a clean release of water for optimal speed and glide. The sharp edge prevents water sucking up the tail which pulls the tail of the board down and creates drag. With the new Speed Tail, the water releases cleanly off the tail of the board and maximises your speed and glide.
US Fin Box
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards use them, including all of the Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon, as well as the Wind and Windsurf boards. Red Paddle Co use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and are simply attached using a nut and bolt system.
The Voyager, Sport and Whip boards all feature durable fins made world-leading surfboard fin creators FCS. They’re slotted in easily by hand and tightened with a finger bolt, so no tools are required.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The new self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
Continued for 2021, Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Features the updated polycarbonate batten RSS System
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co All Terrain Backpack – 38 x 14 x 12 inches
- FCS thumb screw 9″ SUP touring fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle and d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point front cargo net for carrying gear with stainless d-rings
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 11’3″
- Width: 32″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 306 liters
- Weight: 22 lbs board only, 32 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max payload: 240 lbs/110 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 11’3″ Sport comes complete with the awesome All Terrain wheeled backpack, Carbon 50 Nylon paddle, coiled leash, RSS battens, fin, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.