2023 Red Paddle Co 10’8″ x 34″ x 4.72″ Ride Inflatable SUP
Are you in search for a paddle board that can be used in different types of water conditions, suitable for all skill levels and a perfect fit for the whole family? Look no further than Red Paddle Co’s all-around inflatable paddle boards. These boards not only offer versatility, but also exceptional quality, innovative design and superior performance thanks to their award-winning Ride boards. So, whether you’re looking for a fun day out with the family or a shared adventure, Red Paddle Co’s inflatable paddle board is the way to go.
What’s new for 2023?
- Updated deck graphics
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles in our we compare all Red Paddle Co SUP Paddles article.
Red Paddle Co – Since 2008
John Hibbard, Red Paddle Co Founder and CEO: As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we reflect on our journey to redefine watersports. Our goal is to create an inclusive and exciting outdoor experience, accessible to everyone. Looking back, it has been an incredible adventure, and we’re excited to continue our mission for the next 15 years. Join us on this journey, and let’s explore the world together.
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? Red Paddle Co’s Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) technology, introduced in 2016, has set a new standard in inflatable paddle board construction. The process involves fusing a hard-wearing polymer layer to the dropstitch core during the raw material stage, resulting in more precise and durable boards that are also up to 5lbs lighter per board. These boards also maintain stiffness even at lower pressures.
What sets Red Paddle Co’s MSL technology apart is their meticulous attention to detail in the manufacturing process. They have eliminated the messy and less controlled process of coating the inner thread section with molten PVC and instead use a specially formulated adhesive layer to create a seal and bonding layer. The high-density structural PVC layer is then machine laminated to this adhesive layer in controlled conditions, eliminating human error present in traditional double layer construction.
This entire process is performed at the raw material stage using machinery specifically developed for this purpose, leading to a consistent, high-quality cosmetic finish that is both durable and strong. The process also results in increased torsional stiffness as the material is put under tension when the board is inflated. Though it may seem simple, Red Paddle Co’s MSL technology is the result of years of refinement, testing, and perfecting to achieve the perfect balance of performance, quality, and weight.
Benefits of using MSL construction for paddle boards:
- High-quality cosmetic finish, with no wrinkles or blemishes for a visually appealing and smooth surface.
- Lighter weight than many competitors, but still maintains a reassuring feel on the water.
- Torsional Stiffness effect results in increased stiffness at lower pressures for more comfortable paddling. Recommended pressure range of 16-22psi for less pumping and more paddling.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
After travelling over 100,000 miles with boards, Red Paddle Co has an excellent idea of what was needed from the ultimate inflatable paddle board bag. Red Paddle Co’s all new ATB TransformerBag has the most significant developments seen so far with inflatable board bags. This bag truly is the ultimate solution for travel and storage.
The complete redesign of Red Paddle Co’s bestselling inflatable SUP backpack, highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support means that the Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag now offers exceptional levels of support for your shoulders and back.
Exterior straps mean that the bag can be compressed making it more comfortable and a pleasure to carry. It’s now easier to pack away your paddle with an interior paddle blade pocket and a velcro securing system so your paddle is safe and secure while on the move. A large outer zip pocket means any essentials can be packed securely away and easily accessible.
Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary bag-less carry system has been designed with all paddleboarders in mind. For the adventurers, you can now go further and access more remote waterways without the need of a heavy bulky bag. Perfect for families, it’s now easier, quicker and more convenient to pack up your kit after a long day at the beach.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan Pump was completely re-imagined and re-engineered for 2021. Red Paddle Co have taken the already proven double chamber format and focussed on ease of use and ease of packing. They’ve also improved the fixtures and fittings to make for an even more durable pump.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built, double chamber SUP pump. It’s designed to cut the amount of time and effort it takes to inflate your board by half. Constant innovation has led to Red Paddle Co testing the absolute boundaries of inflation technology and as such, they’re confident that there’s nothing quite like the Titan 2 pump on the market. The Dual Cylinder system, combined with the Hi Flo handle means you are in complete control of the energy used to inflate your board. It puts the air into your board faster and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
The packed size is 2/3rds less than the current Titan pump, which makes rolling the board much easier and results in a tighter rolled board.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not a product it’s a process. By focussing in on the key areas of the production process Red Paddle Co have been able to identify ways they can improve the end result. Whether it be detailing exactly where and how the layers are bonded or how the rocker curve is applied to the board, no area of the design process is ignored. The key areas of construction are inside the board. Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail on the inside ensures the best experience on the outside.
They use only the highest quality drop stitch. Drop stitch is the name given to the material inside an inflatable board. Red Paddle Co boards are built using specially produced, high density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. Take a look on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board you will see thousands of dimples spread from nose to tail and rail to rail. Each dimple represents an internal thread. Red Paddle Co does not use linear drop stitch which is a mass produced, cheap material that cannot hold high pressure. Linear boards can be identified by the straight lines of dimples on the board.
First of all, Red Paddle Co use a machine to weave the inner core. Next they cover the woven surface in an adhesive that both seals the woven material so it is air tight, and adheres to the second layer, which is applied in next stage of the process, see MSL above. They then attach the deck pad, fins and other parts to the outer layer.
Many boards in the Red Paddle Co range come with built-in fins – the high-performance iFin system. With moulded fins you don’t need any tools, replacements or spares. They are specially designed to be ultra-durable and easy to pack away for transport. If they ever bend out of shape during storage or use, it is extremely easy to set them straight again, simply pour hot water over the fins and reshape them by hand.
On the 2022 models, the iFins are now in a twin fin configuration with reinforced base. This allows for easier roll up of the board, but you don’t sacrifice any tracking or grip because the fins are now larger than previous years. They are deeper, 4.5″ up from 4″, and with a wider 6″ base so you get the same performance as the older fins in a 3 fin or thruster configuration, but with much easier roll up now. If you didn’t look, you wouldn’t notice as there is no on water performance difference.
Flat Bungee Cargo System
Unique to Red Paddle Co is the new Flat Bungee Cargo System. The self-closing bungee straps are now larger, creating more tension to keep all your gear on your board! Updated for 2022 with the new “pocket” style main bungee. All boards come with three bungee straps on the nose, setting you up perfectly for adventures to come.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- The Titan Pump 2 – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Twin iFins for the optimal mix of directional stability, control and ease of roll up
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Integrated nose handle and d-ring with Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Extended super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” and diamond cut textures
- 6 point triple flat bungee cargo system for carrying gear, with stainless d-rings
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 10’8″
- Width: 34″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 270 liters
- Weight: 23 lbs board only, 32 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max rider weight: 265 lbs/120 kg
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 10’8″ Ride comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, a repair kit, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-25psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.