2023 Red Paddle Co 10’7″ x 33″ x 4.72″ Windsurf Inflatable SUP
Inflatable stand-up paddle boards, also known as iSUPs, are becoming more and more popular. People like them because they are easy to carry around and can be used for different activities. Red Paddle Co is a company that makes iSUPs. They have added a special feature to their boards that allows you to turn them into windsurfing boards. This means you can use the same board for stand-up paddling and windsurfing. It’s a cool new way to enjoy the water.
What’s new for 2023?
- Updated deck graphics
- Comes in ATB Transformer Bag with bag-less system
→ See a side by side comparison of all Red Paddle Co inflatable stand up paddle boards in our we compare Red Paddle Co paddle boards article.
Red Paddle Co – Since 2008
John Hibbard, Red Paddle Co Founder and CEO: As we celebrate our 15th anniversary, we reflect on our journey to redefine watersports. Our goal is to create an inclusive and exciting outdoor experience, accessible to everyone. Looking back, it has been an incredible adventure, and we’re excited to continue our mission for the next 15 years. Join us on this journey, and let’s explore the world together.
MSL – Monocoque Structural Laminate
What is MSL? The Monocoque Structural Laminate (MSL) fusion composite construction process is a new innovation introduced in 2016 by Red Paddle Co. This process fuses a hard-wearing polymer layer to the dropstitch core during the raw material stage, eliminating hand-gluing errors. This high-tech industrial process also saves weight and increases stiffness at lower pressures.
Red Paddle Co has taken a detailed approach in refining their construction process. They have eliminated the process of coating the inner thread section with molten PVC as it was a messy process with little control. Instead, they coat the thread structure with a specially formulated adhesive that creates both a seal and bonding layer. They then use machinery to laminate a layer of high-density structural PVC to this adhesive layer under controlled conditions, removing the human factor involved in traditional double-layer application.
This entire process is done at the raw material stage, and the result is a consistent and high-quality finish that has the durability and strength of their previous double-layer construction. Additionally, by doing this process at the raw material stage, Red Paddle Co can now benefit from torsional stiffness as the material is put under tension when the board is inflated.
While the process may sound simple, it is the result of countless refinements to achieve the perfect blend of performance, quality, and weight. The final product is a high-quality and durable inflatable paddleboard that can withstand different conditions.
So what are the benefits to paddlers?
- Cosmetic finish – All Red Paddle Co boards have an industry leading cosmetic finish. No wrinkles or blemishes. The boards look cleaner and smoother, and even feel better to the touch.
- Lighter – All Red Paddle Co boards are up to 5 lbs or 2 kgs lighter than many competitors. But very importantly they are not too light. If a board is ultra light or too light, it is more affected by wind and current while on the water. MSL boards have a lightweight yet reassuring feel.
- Stiffer at lower pressures – Due to the Torsional Stiffness effect, all Red Paddle Co boards are stiffer at lower pressures. Red Paddle Co recommend a pressure of between 16-22psi. Less pumping more paddling.
ATB Transformer Board Bag
Red Paddle Co’s ATB Transformer Bag is the ultimate solution for travel and storage, designed after traveling over 100,000 miles with boards. It is a complete redesign of their best-selling inflatable stand-up paddleboard (SUP) backpack and offers exceptional levels of support for the shoulders and back thanks to its highly engineered adjustable ergonomic support.
The bag features exterior straps that allow for compression, making it more comfortable to carry. Packing away your paddle is now easier than ever with an interior paddle blade pocket and a velcro securing system that keeps your paddle safe and secure while on the move. There is also a large outer zip pocket for storing essentials that are easily accessible.
Red Paddle Co’s revolutionary bag-less carry system is designed for all paddleboarders. Adventurers can now go further and access more remote waterways without the need for a heavy and bulky bag. It’s also perfect for families, as it’s now quicker and more convenient to pack up your gear after a long day at the beach. The ATB Transformer Bag truly is the most significant development seen so far in inflatable board bags.
The ATB Transformer Bag features include:
- Highly engineered and adjustable ergonomic support for your shoulders and back
- Fully customisable to your height ensures that the bag will take care of your body under load
- Exterior compression straps to make bag more comfortable and compact
- Interior paddle blade pocket and velcro securing system for paddle pieces
- Front loading two-way, no-snag, anti-corrosion CoilZip zipper for easy loading and unloading
- Multiple durable carry handles allow you to pick up the bag any way you want.
- Lockable zippers with rubber pull tabs
- Bag-less carry system – pump and straps can easily be taken on the water removing risk of leaving equipment
- Larger all terrain wheels suitable for any rugged terrain
- Address label window
- Dimensions: 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Color: Dark charcoal, blue with red accents
- Volume: 134 liters
- Weight: 7 lbs
Titan 2 Pump
The Titan 2 Pump, by Red Paddle Co, is a revolutionary new pump that was completely redesigned and re-engineered for 2021. They took the already successful double chamber format and focused on making it even more user-friendly and easy to pack. Additionally, they improved the fixtures and fittings to make the pump even more durable.
The Titan 2 Pump is the world’s first purpose-built double chamber SUP pump, designed to inflate your board in half the time and effort of traditional pumps. Through constant innovation, Red Paddle Co has pushed the boundaries of inflation technology, and they are confident that the Titan 2 pump is unmatched in the market. With its Dual Cylinder system and Hi Flo handle, it allows the user to have complete control over the amount of air put into the board and reduces the effort required to reach a higher pressure.
Another great feature is that it is 2/3rds smaller than the current Titan pump, making it easier to roll the board and resulting in a tighter rolled board for storage and transportation. The Titan 2 pump is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient pump for their inflatable stand-up paddleboard.
Updates and innovations on the Titan 2:
- Folding feet and a removable quick release handle reduces the packaged size by 30% compared to the original Titan pump. This makes it much easier to roll and pack your pump and board.
- The chamber isolation valve is now an integrated switch rather than a removable plug, which makes it easier to switch to one chamber while pumping.
- A double-ended bayonet hose fixture (Halkey-Roberts) reduces leaks and removes damaged screw threads when attaching to the pump.
- Our redesigned air box means the pump hose now attaches to the main body to reduce the movement of the hose when inflating.
- An increase in volume overall makes for faster inflation.
- An integrated pressure gauge helps reduce impact if the pump is dropped.
- The standing position has shifted 90 degrees, so you are only astride one chamber.
- In addition to having wider feet, the Titan II is more stable and ergonomic, especially for smaller riders/pumpers!
The Titan Pump design concept features two chambers, one larger volume cylinder (low pressure) and one lower volume cylinder (high pressure). Think of it as a combination of the regular Ezee and the Ezee HP side by side. You start with both cylinders pumping huge amounts of air into the board, then at about 10PSI, you move the integrated switch and it pumps through the high pressure side only. You’re pumping double the amount of air into the board than usual, and can still finish it off with high pressure.
Put simply, we don’t use electric pumps as the Titan Pump gets the board to higher pressures, faster.
- Pressure gauge shows to 30PSI
- Pump dimensions: 22″ x 5″ x 7″
- Pump hose length: 48″
- Pump volume of 3.98l using both cylinders
- Weight: 5 lbs
Other Red Paddle Co Features
Tec Air is not just a product, it’s a process. Red Paddle Co has focused on improving key areas of the production process to enhance the final product. They pay attention to every detail, from how the layers are bonded to how the rocker curve is applied to the board. They don’t ignore any aspect of the design process.
One key area of construction is the inside of the board, and Red Paddle Co’s attention to detail ensures the best experience on the outside. They only use the highest quality drop stitch material, which is the material inside an inflatable board. Their boards are built using specially produced, high-density drop stitch that makes for a stronger and stiffer core. You can see thousands of dimples on the outside of a Red Paddle Co board, which represent internal threads. They don’t use linear drop stitch, a mass-produced and cheaper material that can’t hold high pressure, which can be identified by straight lines of dimples on the board.
The process starts with machine weaving the inner core, then covering the woven surface with an adhesive that seals the material and adheres to the second layer. The MSL process is explained above. The final step is attaching the deck pad, fins, and other parts to the outer layer. Red Paddle Co’s Tec Air process guarantees a board that is both strong and visually appealing.
Surefin Daggerboard System
A specifically designed Surefin daggerboard slots through the centre of the SUP adding unrivalled stability, increased tracking and more lateral control. Perfect for windsurfers looking for a light-wind alternative that doubles up as a great family SUP.
US Fin Box
US Box Fins originated in the surfing world where they are widely trusted to do a great job. A number of Red Paddle Co boards use them, including all of the Elite race boards, Voyagers, Sports, Whip, Wild, Dragon, as well as the Wind and Windsurf boards. Red Paddle Co use several different types of fin depending on the board. These fins are inserted after inflation and are simply attached using a nut and bolt system.
All Red Paddle Co boards feature integrated accessory mounts. Carry a phone, Camera, GPS, fishing rod, you name it, the accessory mount will provide a secure base for many attachments.
- Integrated handle, d-ring and Ram Mount/Railblaza accessory mounting system on the nose
- Accessory mount size uses M6 x 90mm or 1/4-20 thread with 0.375″ depth – more information here
Warranty – 5 years with registration
All Red Paddle Co products come with a 12-month warranty against manufacturing defects, by registering your board with Red Paddle Co you are upgraded to a free 5 year warranty.
- Windsurf sail fitting/mast foot built into the board (sails/rigs available here). Use mechanical or knuckle universal joint (UJ) mast base, do not use rubber or tendon universal joints
- Rear US fin box, 9″ fin
- Central Sure-Fin dagger board system for improved tracking while windsurfing – unique to Red Paddle Co
- The Titan 2 Pump – a revolutionary dual chamber inflatable paddle board pump that will inflate your board in half the time with half the effort, and still pump to 25PSI easily.
- MSL fusion composite and airtight coating
- High-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching which can handle up to 25PSI
- Double layer fusion construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Red Paddle Co ATB Transformer Bag – 38 x 15 x 14 inches
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Integrated tail handle and rear d-ring for leash
- Central side mount handles
- Thumb screw 9″ SUP fin for locked in and reliable fitting
- Integrated nose handle, d-ring and Ram Mount and Railblaza Mounting System for camera and accessories
- Super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad in “red” texture
- Low profile handles so no risk of injury
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Length: 10’7″
- Width: 33″
- Thickness: 120mm, 4.72 inches
- Volume: 257 liters
- Weight: 24 lbs board only, 34 lbs with backpack and pump
- Max rider weight: 265 lbs/120 kgs
- Warranty: 1 year, 5 years with product registration
What’s in the box? The 10’7″ Windsurf comes complete with the awesome ATB Transformer Bag wheeled backpack, Surefin dagger board, fin, a repair kit, mast base, cell phone case and the Red Paddle Co Titan 2 pump, which makes inflation to 15-20psi really easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
Please note: the windsurf sail/rig is sold separately.