Adjustable stand up paddles are very popular for a wide variety of reasons. We cover 7 in this article and hopefully the information may help you in your search for buying the right SUP paddle for you.
Your paddle is a crucial part of your SUP kit. It gets the power down and pushes you along so it’s important to have one that is sized correctly not just in blade side, but in shaft length, is comfortable on your shoulders, and efficient. Important that it also matches your board(s) and paddling style, whether you surf or ride rapids, race or paddle for fun.
So, into the 7 main reasons for buying an adjustable SUP paddle:
- You are new to stand up paddling and you aren’t sure what length paddle shaft is right for you
- You switch between a surfing, racing and cruising body positions and paddling styles
- You like to use different length paddles for different paddle situations like surf, into the wind, race, river, downwind
- Have multiple family members sharing the same paddles
- Have kids who are growing like weeds
- Have different boards with different thicknesses or different styles
- You travel and only want to take one paddle
Armed with this info, it might be more clear which paddle you need to suit your situation. Browse the available SUP paddles we have for sale and if you need any help, give us a call on 1-888-252-4983 or shoot us an email and we’d be glad to help.