- The backpack now features integrated wheels to make travelling through airports a pleasure.
- Updated look and color scheme for 2014.
- Bonus cell phone protector.
This board allows everyone to experience the speed of long, racing stand up paddle boards, but without the hassle and needing space to store one.
Away SUP races are now a reality. Just pack up your inflatable stand up paddle board and attend any race, anywhere in the world – no hassles, no oversize baggage fees.
Whilst other inflatable race boards have to race against their own breed in one design classes, the Red Paddle Co Twelve Six Race is competitive against existing hard board designs. You really need to paddle this board to experience just quite how good it is.
The board comes with the patented RSS system, the rocker stiffening system which improves board stiffness and performance by up to 50%. The RSS system works by inserting battens along the rails of the board. This works against the downward force of the rider, resulting in a stiffer board. The battens are removable for easy board roll-up, and can be stored in the same carry bag. While some inflatable boards flex uncontrollably in the water, Red Paddle Co’s industry leading 25 PSI super-stiff, double layer construction holds firm and allows you to travel with SUPreme confidence.
The 12’6″ Race uses a low profile US box fin system, which allows you to put in your favourite race fin. It does come supplied with a fin designed for straight-line control which has the right amount of grip without adding drag. A single nose fin also provides enhanced tracking.
View the 2014 12’6″ Race infographic PDF (2.1MB).
- PVC board material with high-grade, double-thread internal high density drop stitching
- Double layer construction featuring a “board within a board”. This adds “bomb-proof-ness,” massive strength, stiffness, consistent shape and mega durability
- Side rails with four layers of taping – maintains the boards shape, stiffness and air tight qualities. Four times thicker than many inflatable paddle boards
- Removable fin using US fin box. Comes with fin designed for straight tracking
- Special “air block” membrane eliminates air leakage
- Features the RSS System
- Rear D-ring for leash
- New super traction, non-slip EVA deck pad – now thicker than ever
- Front cargo attachments for carrying gear
- Low profile handle so no risk of injury
- Central carry handle, more comfortable than before
- Central logo stiffening strip
- Built using Tec Air specification, with new valves, improved seals, cap and stronger threads
- Red Paddle Co Ezee hand pump with pressure gauge
- Length: 12’6”
- Width: 30”
- Thickness: 150mm, 5.90 inches
- Volume: 340 liters
- Weight: 32 lbs, or 39 lbs in pack with pump
- Max payload: Almost unlimited
What’s in the box? The Twelve Six Race comes complete with an awesome updated for 2014 backpack, a repair kit, RSS Battens and the Red Paddle Co Ezee pump, which makes inflation to 15-20psi easy, leaving you more time to paddle.
View the 2014 Red Paddle Co Inflation and User Manual (0.9MB).